Two things i really want

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Sec

Reaction score
Not a fan of BHO extracts but i would love a table top CO2 extraction machine. Sadly they start at about $4000 and thats a tiny 1 oz machine. I usually only buy CO2 extracted carts and oil. (when its a good price). CO2 oil is usually decarbed and can be used however you wish.

The other thing i want badly is a good nug press. Budget will be around $500. I smoked for so many years and then vaped (for 10yrs) that i cant enjoy smoking flower as much as i used to be able to smoke. Rosin can be used in tons of ways and frankly the taste can be excellent. The shops here want crazy $$$ for it. Like $60+ a gram

Lost here make oil here. I am sure they can show you how to do it for way less. Gray Wolf and Big Sur are masters.
My buddy has been making it for years using butane and a vacuum chamber. CO2 however is solventless from the start. No need to purge it. RSO and FECO are not really good choices for vaping IMO. Ethanol is a polar solvent among other things.

CO2 extracted oil is an eye opener if done right. A local cultivator called Gold Rush Extracts offers it in carts (cheap) and an applicator for like $45. The last Wedding Cake i tried from them was off the charts good and tasty.

IMG_20230424_201417_5.jpg

I like the dabpress 12 ton I use.
Had it about five years with zero issues.

So you just squish the bud between two steel plates on wax paper at 12 tons right? Doesn’t look complicated
not that simple...you gotta get the right temp and time down...I played with pressing using my 20 ton press with the heated plate setup...didn't go as easy as I anticipated, life happened, and I never got back to using the plates...once you figure out what works for you it's basic...

not that simple...you gotta get the right temp and time down...I played with pressing using my 20 ton press with the heated plate setup...didn't go as easy as I anticipated, life happened, and I never got back to using the plates...once you figure out what works for you it's basic...
So you heat the plates in the oven then put them on the press?

IMG_20230617_125840_5.jpg
1681491739451.jpg

The plates have heating rods and thermocouplers to control the heat precisely.
The pressure gauge ensures consistent pressures press to press.
I prefer to press hash but flower also works very well.
The pressure I use is pretty low rarely going over 5 tons on the plates and temps between 175f-190f.
You can also press pure thca with it which is a very intense product.

Latest posts

Back