Okay guys WTH AM I DOING?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yungmune

Reaction score
okay, i didnt realize this untill now, im running 8-23 watt cfl bulbs and 4-2' 17 watt cfl lights. totaling around 15,000 lumens n shootin out 6k spectrum. but takes 250 watts to run total. But WTH i coulda got 2-70 watt hps for $30 each at homedepot that will both put out 16,000 lumens and run half the watts and save on the bill. is there a important factor im missing here? or did i just ""EDITED""up and went the wrong route? heres a pick

Picture_0092.jpg

Well a 70 watt HPS puts out about 6000 lumens but a 250 watt HPS light will put out about 29,000.
If you can vent the heat then HPS is the way to go for best yields.

yungmune said:
okay, i didnt realize this untill now, im running 8-23 watt cfl bulbs and 4-2' 17 watt cfl lights. totaling around 15,000 lumens n shootin out 6k spectrum. but takes 250 watts to run total. But WTH i coulda got 2-70 watt hps for $30 each at homedepot that will both put out 16,000 lumens and run half the watts and save on the bill. is there a important factor im missing here? or did i just ""EDITED""up and went the wrong route? heres a pick

Picture_0092.jpg

Thank you! yung'... a point that is often being overlooked here "IMHO".. HID watts are definately more efficient than cfl's.
The only "valid" reason that I can find for useing cfls, is for "micro" grows where heat ventilation may be an issue.

you didnt take the wrong road bro youre just a newbie thats it learning the way and thats fine use the cfl's for a grow or two they will be just fine and when you have a lil extra money id go with putting in 150 watt hps's they are low on heat also www.e-conolight.com has the 150's really cheap not the wrong road bro just the less powerful one but they will do fine i wouldnt worry about a thing setup looks very nice and clean

Latest posts

Back