OMG DAmn....need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goober0ne

Nore Cali Bud Farmer
Reaction score
damn i think my new soil i tried burned my clones:shocked: :eek: ....this stuff Amazon bloom, is all natural, can all natural still burn your plants?...i mean this stuff is pretty potent.....help

flush with 3 times the water to soil...why did you change your soils? Good luck

damn, i just wanted to try the latest and greatest....i guess thats what i get, well i pulled them out this morn and and dunked the rockwool cubes in clean water and then put them in a tray and have water running over it, to flsh it good....i think the soil is bad, my room has a real strong urine smell...like a litter box......***..is this soild bad ? it's Amazon Bloom by Earth Juice...i mean it's all natural

sounds like it might be a pre-ferted soil... which is bad....

do you still have the bag the soil came in? if so look for a NPK value on it. also see if it says feeds for ---- months. this will help determine is its the soil for sure. have you givin any nutes?

no NPk value.....it does say no need for nutes for 30-60 days but dude at store said it would be alright to water with nutes 3 weeks into my veg, so EDIT.....i am just gonna go with black gold if i can afford it, me and my gf are broke after putting this room together.

im not sure about your area but here a lot of local nursries have good soil with no time released nutes. just try to find something that says organic potting soil. i can find it around here for under 4bucks a bad. if its says feeds for so many months try to streer clear. it can be used but its tuff to do.

alright had to go and spend $135.00 got all new soil and now i am using Black Gold which i have used before adn got wonderful results, well for future reference for anyone is....Don't use Amazon Bloom, they put way to much nitrogen in their soil, it smells like an dirty cat box way way to much ammonia. they got burned a little but most of the leaves on all the babies are untouched so i think they will make a full recovery.

Goober0ne said:
alright had to go and spend $135.00 got all new soil and now i am using Black Gold which i have used before adn got wonderful results, well for future reference for anyone is....Don't use Amazon Bloom, they put way to much nitrogen in their soil, it smells like an dirty cat box way way to much ammonia. they got burned a little but most of the leaves on all the babies are untouched so i think they will make a full recovery.

Thanks, it is always good to be alerted to potential problems with certain products.

your welcome, the soil would be way to strong to be used as is..but since i have some unused i might sprinkle it on the top of soil some were down the line and that might be a good boost for it but i will be very careful on how much i use.....and your very welcome, that product surprised me, i mean it is produced by the same people that make Earth Juice, which is one hell of a product.

I am using Amazon bloom & have no nute burn.. How much watering are you doing.. That soil is great

Look at my Sativa Journal.. It's good soil just got to be careful with watering but thats my 2 cents.

really? i just saturated the soil around the rock wool and then watered like maybe little more then a cup on each, and the room jsut kept gettin a stronger and stronger ammonia smell, to point were it was like noticeble when you breathed....i really though that it might be a bunk batch of soil or these sour diesel clones i got from Grass Roots in Frisco are just really really sensitive and do you know the "0.0 0.0 0.0" for the amazon bloom, i am sorry for that i am not sure on the exact name, bu the amount of nutes actually in the soil.

I baught a bag to try out at t he hydro store and I put on top of my plant because there soil was washed away and the roots where visible but any way the only problem I seen was the soil was hard to tell when it's dry... Now I am growing out doors so maybe since I am in Cali & with the weather being in upper 90's it helps.. As for nute problem you can see My journal below shows how well they.. I always add new soil to my plants pots... I just put steer Manure around couple of weeks ago.. I would ask Hick he is the MAN with soil.... I would just let the soil dry out and then begin a watering schedule.. I always water when the soil is dry first..

I would ask Hick & see what he says or ask MassProducer..

Are your clones rooted? how long after you transplanted did this show up? This soil is organic and there is almost no way that it is burning your plants that quickly. Yes it does have organic amendments but like all other organics, they need to be broken down by bacteria and fungi to become availible to the plants. There is absolutly no ammonia or other chemical nutrient added to this soil, it is totally organic.

Which means that the problem is with the clone and its growing enviroment rather then the medium. I would say you are either other watering, underwatering or the cutting was not rooted, or the pheno just stinks, which it is suppose to. You are growing sour diesel, which is a very pungent smelling strain that smells like skunky diesel fuel, so I can definiatly see that being confused with an ammonia type smell. I find that very pungent skunks smell of ammonia anyways, almost like urine, but cat urine. That is what we in the MJ world define as dank, you always hear things like fruity, hashy, skunky and dank used to describe different strains smells.

I would suggest you to actually try and find the source of the smell, because i am pretty sure it is not coming from your 100% organic mix.

yea i smoek sour diesel, all the time and i know what ammonia smells like and this turned up in less then 30 hrs after platning, the room is good, it is not the water because i live in a city and i drink it too and all the other plants love it. The clones were some of the best i had seen they all were well rooted and i took them outta the soil flushed them in a seperate container and then went and got Black Gold and the damage has stopped spreading. The culprit is cruddy soil, regardless if it is all natuaral my room stunk of ammonia and you can smell it is my yard were i dumped it all too. So maybe this batch of soil didn;t get done right or is its ** but i think i am gonna call them tomorrow and complain, get some money back. The only thing it could be is maybe and thats maybe is the Co2 but i don't think so..

distill it with water, only use little of that nute amazon bloom very little to water then mix it, check the ph, if its good. then time to feed it. keep in your head that they do need more of water, so little nutes is all they needs.

thanks, yea i just went back to Black Gold and i am just gonna sprinkle rainbow grow on top of the soil if i want more nutes...thanks for the help but just bewarey of Amazon bloom.

Latest posts

Back