omg, did it happen again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbie99

eam virides custodientes
Reaction score
sorry about the poor pic.

do I have another hermie on my hands?
I'm about 5 weeks into flower and this plant gave no signs of being male (all hair, no balls). it appears to have "banana-ish" type growths in the smaller nugs. main colas are about 5-7 inches and beginning to fill out nicely with none of the scary growth.
I had a hermie in my last grow and was so scared of it happening again that I totally rebuilt my grow areas...all new, so the threat of residual pollen is non-existent.

this has been an odd grow. two plants, both clones from a known girl from a reputable strain. both grown in the same environment, same exact nutes, same schedule. one a beautiful plant from the start, the other a sickly child that came back (more or less), although it has always seemed to be in poorer health. both flowered in a similar way with similar bud patterns. buds on the sickly plant appear good with no questionable growth. healthy plant is scaring me.
beginning to think that I have bad luck and the gentle hands of a blacksmith.:hairpull:

001a.JPG

Does look like a herm to me
Does the other plant show it yet? I would GUESS light leak hitting one plant and not the other??????

thanks everyone.
I knew what the answer was before I even posted. however, I was really hoping someone would reply back with..."No Brother, you've got that elusive super zombie space bud. You know, that new stuff."
but alas, back to the drawing board.
I had already cut it before anyone replied.
ordered some new beans and I'll take another whack at it as soon as they show up. 4th time's the charm, right?

just keep plowing through, bud. Once yer beans show up you can truly get down to business.

Sorry bout the herman.

Have a good one :bolt:

And while you wait for your beans (which you have a better chance of no herms if they're NOT femmed) check your flower space. Sit in the space, in the dark, for 1/2 an hour to get your eyes adjusted. If there are light leaks, you'll see 'em.

Good luck

It can be frustrating to have back to back failures, but I would be willing to bet that it is just the luck of the genetic dice that has whacked you. I bet the new beans will reward your efforts with better results.

It could be worse, a month ago I had the best grow yet and was looking at a good 3pound harvest, and then 2 weeks from harvest LEO took all of them and about $4k worth of equipment, all of my guns that I have had since I was a teenager, and my truck. :doh: Talk about bad luck :hairpull:

Hushpuppy said:
It can be frustrating to have back to back failures, but I would be willing to bet that it is just the luck of the genetic dice that has whacked you. I bet the new beans will reward your efforts with better results.

It could be worse, a month ago I had the best grow yet and was looking at a good 3pound harvest, and then 2 weeks from harvest LEO took all of them and about $4k worth of equipment, all of my guns that I have had since I was a teenager, and my truck. :doh: Talk about bad luck :hairpull:

:holysheep:

Were the plants under any type of stress from environment, nutrients, etc.?

Melvan said:
And while you wait for your beans (which you have a better chance of no herms if they're NOT femmed) check your flower space. Sit in the space, in the dark, for 1/2 an hour to get your eyes adjusted. If there are light leaks, you'll see 'em.

Good luck

Simple, but great idea! Thx
T-rex

thnx for all of the ideas and encouragement. I'll keep doin my thing and with the help and knowledge of everyone here a MP I'm sure things will flourish.:icon_smile:

as for you Hushpuppy, that you can still offer good words to me after the kick in the balls that you took says a lot about you. the fact that "they" can come into your space and basically "steal" things from you that really have no relevance to their task at hand (guns,truck,etc) is disgusting, and is an example of the need for reform. hopefully you'll get your possessions back when they're done F*&$ing with you. but I digress. kudos to you bro.

thnx again everyone. nothin left to do but :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back