OMG, what if they all turn out to be female?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight_toker

Reaction score
They've been in flower for about 4 days now and every single one of 'em is looking to be female?! Do male pollen sacs develop later then female preflowers? I could have sworn some would end up hermie and expected it because this is from bagseed and some of them from bud full of seeds, so maybe that will happen, but right now they all just look female. All are showing preflowers with the white pistils and nothing else. I have no room to be growing 5 females.

When would male parts start showing up?

Preflowers show up in the veg stage. A male will show his sex in a week, a female in two weeks after switching to 12/12. I have grown lots of bag seed that didn't herm. A herm will develop in the flower stage.

Hi,

It sounds like your seedling chops and environment are optimum! congrats... I routinely have gotten 75%+ girls for many years and I believe giving them a smooth ride during their infancy and adolescence is the key. Like the MMM says the boys usually show sex first so if all you see if white pistils popping out you're good to go. As far as bagseed goes I've also had many of my keeper strains come from bagseed and the mystery of how it's going to turn out is half the fun. I've haven't had a greater % of bagseed plants go hermie any more than from high dollar seeds i've bought so the odds are in your favor that won't happen.

Peace!:cool:

you will know what a group of banna shaped capsules clustered together by about 3 or 4 at first, this gives males dead away.

Males typically tent to be taller as well, so check the tallest plants for signs of males.

but check em every day, you will weed them out!

Males also smell like a dead roadkill skunk. and I don't mean the good weed skunk smell...dead freakin skunk. All my males had that odor. Stinky things they are.

They are getting a little spidery lookin' too- all whiskery. So, basically if they are male they would show within 1 week-ish? or hermie? same time frame?

Time table on when things show is impossible. Had females show before males, males b4 female, hermies show up last 2 weeks of flower or first 2 weeks of flower...all sorts of wierd stuff. You just have to wait and make sure ;)

IMO, anytime you get all females from bagseed, keep a REAL good eye out for hermies. While it is certainly possible to get 5 for 5 females, it is not really common. I recently had 4 for 5 females, but this isn't common for me, it wasn't bagseed and I do try to optimize my veg space for females. I would watch these girls closely.

Latest posts

Back