opinions please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a 600 and a 400 hundred in my 4x4 room in the winter and it was great. I could never do it in the summer, but i put our some dank with that 1000. Depends on more than lights..Air is as important almost. imho.

i realize this is a late reply. if u were 17 days in, u are bout 3 1/2 weeks into flower now. for 2 weeks it would not be worth the effort imo. but if u could somehow stretch the use of the 2nd 600 into harvest date 4 or 5 weeks from now. DO IT.. jmo

My hydro setup was 4X4 with a 1000w hps. Worked out great.

The most light you will want to run in a 4x4 area for potted plants is 600 watts. Maintaining at least 18 inches from the plant tops (with fans).

Since you are running with potted plants in an enclosed room...I don't see any AC...so I am guessing a fan or two...then 600 watts is all you are going to be able to work with safely.

In order for you to crank up the lights to a higher wattage, you need to show a better cooling system and/or add a 4 foot track to move your light back and forth. With a track system, you can get the "moving" 600 watt light as close as 8 inches (with cooling fans) to help increase bud yield.

Your biggest problem will be lack of light under the canopy as the plants develop (since your space is confined). Even with lots of trimming, bud development will only be in the top 2 feet where the light is strongest. Putting some radiant reflective material inside your enclosure would help.

Regards,

Matty

your 1st sentence, "maintaining at least 18 inches from the plant tops". hiya matt, i run (3) 600 watters in lineal (straight line, maybe 16 inches apart ) in a 96 by 54 tent..my basement is mostly cool. 60 to 64 degrees. my hand can rest comfortably on or against the outer glass of the lights. i have been lowering my lights and keep them 12 inches or less from plant tops. i may even lower to 8 inches if the canopy is uniform enough. do u know of a problem doing this??? thanks

Grasshopper, aren't basements great! Also, when you lower the light, the footprint is affected somewhat. Make sure that you do not lower the lights so much that some of the plants are not getting good light.

YES thg!! i also ducted my exhaust right up an unfinished flue/fireplace. cool.. duck, i had 1 or 2 plants out of 25 that was yellowing nearest the light. it finished fine. i did pull it away a little after some time. don't think it was too hot. its under 80 degrees 4 inches from glass. it appeared to be just a touch too intense for 1 or 2. not sure on yellowing.

2 sense---light movers are crap---buy the extra fixture---save yourself the headache.---your grow will thank you too

Latest posts

Back