outdoor schedule...Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thcIII

Reaction score
i've used a chart....you enter long and lat cordinates, or click on your location, and it gives you the daylight in hours chart for every day of the year. I can't find it!!!!what's a good link.
deciding what to put out-door this comming season and when...do I want that 12/12 day to hit in the middle of flower, or time it to be the first day of flower? how long untill the flower cycle starts reverting back to veg? Heat is an issue here and i'm worried about those our summer rains+100*F=mold.......Texas Strains?

I've got Blueberry and Sweettooth(mostly sativa) babys indoors..
Durban poison and Master Kush....seed....
maybe I'll start that Durban...can't it stand the heat?
H-town summers are brutal....

I and I believe the kind man plants him seed.

Sunrise Sunset Calendar..
..12/12 has very little significance in outdoor cultivation. June 21 is our longest day in the N. Hemi'. Daylight hours begin to get shorter daily after that date. "THAT" will trigger your OD plants to start flowering along about the 1st or 2nd week of August. (somewhat latitude and strain dependant), Harvest will come somewhere between 'late' September and early to mid November in your area, I would guess.
It doesn't look like you hit 12/12 untill "late" November.

the US Navy says I'll have 12/12 in late Sept. should I try to put my girls out to flower in mid july when the days go from 14 hrs of sunlight to 13...then to 12 in Sept. giving 10-12 weeks of flowering time ending on 12 hrs of sunlight in late Sept...or is it better to finish when there is only 10-11 hrs of light per day...like in Nov? I am trying to avoid putting the girls out early and having them get HUGE HUGE before they flower...

thcIII said:
the US Navy says I'll have 12/12 in late Sept. should I try to put my girls out to flower in mid july when the days go from 14 hrs of sunlight to 13...then to 12 in Sept. giving 10-12 weeks of flowering time ending on 12 hrs of sunlight in late Sept...or is it better to finish when there is only 10-11 hrs of light per day...like in Nov? I am trying to avoid putting the girls out early and having them get HUGE HUGE before they flower...

"US Navy says I'll have 12/12 in late Sept.".....from sunup untill sundown maybe, that isn't hours of "light", that would be dawn 'till dusk or "twilight" that affects flowering.
If you're raising them under 24/0 or 18/6, they will likely start flowering soon after you put them out.

gotcha....so since it is sooooo hot down here in the summer time, in May it's usually 95-100 degrees, July throught late Sept are usualy 100+*F and it gets nasty humid. oh yea....the late summer huricanes. I would hate to see another Katrina come through and my girls get washed out to sea.....so,
should the spring crop be the heavy basket and plan arround the temp and humidity conditions rather than the light cycles? Right now it is perfect outside...75-80 degrees, light rains about once a week or so and the fronts that move through here hit the Gulf of Mexico and usualy hold a calm, cool breeze for a few days before the temps start to rise again..great for everything growing.
or am I still Way Off?!?!

If you put them out now, it's been my experience, that they will veg/return to veg as the days grow longer, untill after june anyway. "I"...like to wait untill june 1 to put them out, IF I have them under 24 or 18 hours of light. Only 3 weeks untill the days start getting shorter and induces blooming. That eliminates any "revegging" issues.
If I plan to place them OD early on, for a longer veg' period, I raise them on 16/8 to accustom them to a relatively similar cycle as they will encounter "naturally".
MJ will take the heat and humidity, but storms are just a part of "farming". Ya' can't control Mother Nature.

Latest posts

Back