Outdoors Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMonster

Reaction score
I am enjoying some good grass finally. Thank Yall. I read a lot of grow journals and the information there is extensive. This will be my first outdoor plant and it will be of an unknown strain. Yep, bag seed. I believe that it can be made better. I know I am probably wrong but I have to see for myself. I know and understand that there is no substitute for genetics. I think this commercial grass is just planted and watered. They dont thin out the males (hense all the darn seeds) and I dont know what or if they feed the plants.

So, I am starting 10 seeds from saved commercial bag seed inside under flourescent lighting. I will kill the males. I will watch the females and with yalls help will select the best female. Then she will be hardened off and planted outside. I will take a pictures once a week to show progress.

Here is the fist seed that popped up

unknownstrain002.jpg

unknownstrain003.jpg

cool pic, good luck...although I have to say I wouldnt mess with bagseed from schwag.

You are probably right. I have the auto thing going and thats what I enjoy smoking right now but I am just curious to see how this turns out. Outdoor is not going to be my thing, I just wanna do it once. I have to know. :)

oh back up I see...well that is good just be careful to watch it for hermie traits because the pollen from it could effect your other grow..once it is mature I would always wash hands and change clothes before seeing the primo bud..sounds exagerated til you get seeded pot. I have had 1-2 bagseeds hermie on me..

2Dog said:
oh back up I see...well that is good just be careful to watch it for hermie traits because the pollen from it could effect your other grow..once it is mature I would always wash hands and change clothes before seeing the primo bud..sounds exagerated til you get seeded pot. I have had 1-2 bagseeds hermie on me..

I will keep a keen eye on that situation. I do thank you for reminding me. One can never be to careful.

A couple days later and the girs (hopefully) are outside for an hour and a half today.

I know yall think I am crazy for doing a few commercial bag seed seeds but I am convinced that all grass has potential. I think that out there in those large fields those workers have not broke this down to a science like yall have. I can almost guarantee that they aint out there with little microscopes checking out the trichs on a single plant much less the whole field. I submit that most of them dont know what a trich is. Then there is the curing. I bet there aint no paper bags and then sealed jars with workers checking conditions daily. Those folks are concerned about weight and thats about it.

I intend to bring one of these seeds to her full potential. Its never going to be like my AK 48. It aint gonna be no Northern Lights. I do think it will be better than the sack of grass I got the seeds from.

I could be full of it too, ¿que no?

unknownstrain101.jpg

I brought 3 plants in this morning to pot up to 5 inch pots. In less than a minute the cat ate one and mauled another. The third one, which I was going to photograph is growing kind of funny. Its deformed. Anyway, I potted up the mauled one and the deformed one watered them in and took them back outside. I have a few more out there that need to be potted up in the next couple of days. I will do photos of them then. The one that kitty ate (I assume she ate it) was a really good looking plant too. I reckon it was 2½ weeks old.

Bad Kitty! Bad kitty!
TexasMonster said:
I brought 3 plants in this morning to pot up to 5 inch pots. In less than a minute the cat ate one and mauled another. The third one, which I was going to photograph is growing kind of funny. Its deformed. Anyway, I potted up the mauled one and the deformed one watered them in and took them back outside. I have a few more out there that need to be potted up in the next couple of days. I will do photos of them then. The one that kitty ate (I assume she ate it) was a really good looking plant too. I reckon it was 2½ weeks old.

I believe I'd be potting up Kitty.LOL.
You say she ate the nicest one, well apparently she knows a thing or two about weed. Maybe she's a cannabis kitty?

cubby said:
I believe I'd be potting up Kitty.LOL.
You say she ate the nicest one, well apparently she knows a thing or two about weed. Maybe she's a cannabis kitty?

I dont believe in making an animal smoke grass with you, that being said, this cat used to side right up to me and get in my face when I was smoking. Took me a long time to understand she was smoking to and choosing to do so. She's quit that behavior for quite a while now. Hopefully she aint developing a taste for it again.

Oh, by the way, this cat is better than 19 years, she has seen two wives come and go. If I ever get another kitty I am naming it cannabis kitty.

TexasMonster said:
I dont believe in making an animal smoke grass with you, that being said, this cat used to side right up to me and get in my face when I was smoking. Took me a long time to understand she was smoking to and choosing to do so. She's quit that behavior for quite a while now. Hopefully she aint developing a taste for it again.

Oh, by the way, this cat is better than 19 years, she has seen two wives come and go. If I ever get another kitty I am naming it cannabis kitty.

WOW......I had heard that cats have 9 lives but never knew they had "wives" as well....LOL
A friend has a jack-russle terrier who jumps up on the couch everytime someone lights up and he just sits there and breathes real deep. After a few minuets he'll jump down and go lay on his back in a south facing bay window. (I've never figgured out if he's getting sun on his belly or just overly proud of his junk).
Take care and best of luck.

When I'm burnin my cats will sit there and stare at me .There usually around when in use .Those silly cats GP

Latest posts

Back