overwatering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the watering system that im using is only on once a day, but the amount of time its on is 30 minutes. I have it set up so that its only dripping into my plants and not pouring on them. What im afraid of is that even though its only dripping im scared thats its still overwatering them.

How many gallons an hour are the drippers?...how old are plant?..

oh wait ther was no question was there..lol

sorry my bad

What's your growing medium? Hydro - dwc - soil - coco? It's necessary to know before any realistic answer can be offered....B

they are draining pretty well, but when i went to check on them yesterday the soil seemed overly saturated, if my soil is overly saturated should i move the watering schedule to every other day?

When growing in soil you water your plant and then allow it dry out quite a bit before watering again. Depending on how big your plants and pots are, and perhaps some other factors, you shouldn't have to water more than twice a week. DO NOT water them everyday! The general rule of thumb is to let the top 2-3 inches of the soil dry out before watering. You can stick your finger in the soil and check it like that, or you can use a moisture meter. Before using the moisture meter clean the tip of the metal probe with a green scouring pad. Make sure the meter reads 10 on a scale of 1-10 when you place it in a bowl of water. If it reads 10 then your meter will give you an accurate reading.

This problem is easy to correct; stop over-watering it. It's that simple.

Latest posts

Back