Pakistan Ryder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi Folks!
I have a question about my pakistan ryder. The plant is beautiful but it looks like it's already flowering. It's only 7 inches tall and still in early veg, but it's forming flowers all over it with what looks like white pistals popping out all over them. I have never grown this strain before so am unfamiliar. None of my other plants are doing this! Neither did my plants last year. Just curious to know what to expect!

tanks!

Having Ryder in its name I would think it is a autoflowering strain

Yeah that sounds like an autoflower strain. She will flower when she wants to regardless of light period, as long as she is healthy. Let her rock and see what you get out of her.

Thanks folks! I will see where she goes! I was wondering what autoflowering was all about, so now I'll learn!

Pakistan Ryder is a autoflowering version of Pakistan Valley. keep your lights at 20/4 the whole way threw the grow and you should have fully mature buds in around 65-70 days.

i just fisnished up a pakistan valley last month, had issues from the get go.

PuffinNugs said:
Pakistan Ryder is a autoflowering version of Pakistan Valley. keep your lights at 20/4 the whole way threw the grow and you should have fully mature buds in around 65-70 days.

i just fisnished up a pakistan valley last month, had issues from the get go.

Why 20/4? I have four other plants going under the same lights. 20/4 good for them too?

craterlake said:
Why 20/4? I have four other plants going under the same lights. 20/4 good for them too?

20/4 only works for flowering autos...if you put regular photo period strains under it they will veg or reveg if already flowering.

Im running my lights 19/5 and they are loving it!
I put my runt in 12/12 to hurry it up. Smells like fruity pebbles mixed with original bubble gum.

Hamster Lewis said:
20/4 only works for flowering autos...if you put regular photo period strains under it they will veg or reveg if already flowering.

OK, but that gives me a bit of a problem. I only have the two 400 HPS lights and one grow closet. So all five of my plants are under there. Is it crucial to switch the auto to 20/4? Can I put the auto under fluorescent lights? I can do that in a different location if it's necessary. It's such a cute little plant, I've never seen anything like it! All my plants are currently in veg on 18/6 cycle.

craterlake said:
OK, but that gives me a bit of a problem. I only have the two 400 HPS lights and one grow closet. So all five of my plants are under there. Is it crucial to switch the auto to 20/4? Can I put the auto under fluorescent lights? I can do that in a different location if it's necessary. It's such a cute little plant, I've never seen anything like it! All my plants are currently in veg on 18/6 cycle.

If it is a "cute lil plant"..lol I wld just run it on 12/12 with the regular photo period plants and just chalk this one up to a learning experience. Most auto unless they are those super autos don't yield great anyway. If it is on the small side and flowering it won't get much bigger anyway so its basically a runt. jmo

craterlake said:

Why not just change your vegging plants to 20/4? They will do better with 20/4 light than 18/6 light anyway.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Why not just change your vegging plants to 20/4? They will do better with 20/4 light than 18/6 light anyway.

So if 20/4 is better for the veg cycle, why do folks reccommend 18/6? I was under the impression that was better. Does the 20/4 cycle make for a quicker grow?

craterlake said:
So if 20/4 is better for the veg cycle, why do folks reccommend 18/6? I was under the impression that was better. Does the 20/4 cycle make for a quicker grow?

Regular photo period MJ will grow the whole time the light is on....it doesn't need a dark period. 24-0 is what I run my veg tent on. I thought you had an auto in your flower area. If it's in your veg tent then bump your lights from 18-6 to 24-0. Jmo

craterlake said:

Experienced growers that I know do NOT recommend 18/6. A light schedule of 24/7 is the best for vegging photoperiod plants. Marijuana is in a class of plants that does not need (or want) a dark period. The plant will grow (as opposed to stretching) all the time the lights are on. It is old school thinking that 18/6 is a better light schedule.--it is not--it encourages stretch and lengthens the veg period.

The 20/4 light schedule is recommended for most autos. If you had a closet full of vegging photoperiod plants, I would be recommending 24/7 light.

i have 3 autos with 4 photoperiods at the moment in the veg closet all are under 24/0. autos are doing great they and they are starting to flower. also have 2 more auto males that i moved into there also from 20/4 back to 24/0 and they seemed to be happier under the 24/0 (faster growth and budding).

all you have to do is when the autos start budding and your photoperiod plants are ready for 12/12 a s long as you have a flowering space the autos can just be left in the veg room, when the others go into 12/12.

i still say that 20/4 is best for autos but if they are really true autos the 24/0 works just as well. im seeing strains labled as "semi auto" now, i think "female Seeds" has them, wonder what thats all about, havent really looked into them

what they say about thier semi autos...
"We wouldn't recommend pre-growing them indoors, because they are semi-auto-flowering and this would cause them to start flowering in May outdoors. They need the longer days and intensive midsummer sun to keep them in growth."

Lol puffin.....nice find. Now these breeders are trying to peddle "semi autos"?? Really.......I am not dumb enough to go for that. :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Experienced growers that I know do NOT recommend 18/6. A light schedule of 24/7 is the best for vegging photoperiod plants. Marijuana is in a class of plants that does not need (or want) a dark period. The plant will grow (as opposed to stretching) all the time the lights are on. It is old school thinking that 18/6 is a better light schedule.--it is not--it encourages stretch and lengthens the veg period.

The 20/4 light schedule is recommended for most autos. If you had a closet full of vegging photoperiod plants, I would be recommending 24/7 light.

I just have the one auto, and it is already flowering, the other four are not yet ready for flowering. I switched to 20/4 yesterday. If 24/7 is better. I can switch again. Growing faster would be great, especially since I got such a late start. This is the first time I have ever seen or had any experience with an auto. I was surprised to see flowers forming on such a little plant!

Latest posts

Back