Perlite by Miracle-Gro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson1

Reaction score
I picked some of this up thinking i needed a bit more when potting and never really looking at the bag because it has a huge "PERLITE" on the bag so i got it, right.

Well, i used it for filler after the soil (Pro-Mix) compressed with water and noticed after the fan blowing it around some and it landing on a couple leaf's and causing small brown spots I got to looking at it again and it is enriched with Miracle-Gro plant food.

Has the following in it they say.

• Nitrogen (N) 0.04%
  • 0.016% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
  • 0.024% Nitrate Nitrogen
  • Available Phosphate (P2O5) - 0.01%
  • Soluable potash (K2O) - 0.06%
Derived from ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, calcium phosphate, and potassium sulfate.

Until last night,I haven't fed them a thing other than the Microise in the Pro-Mix Bx but my plants are doing very well and I just discovered this morning that the MG Perlite is loaded some, lol.

Just thought I'd bring it up as I haven't heard anyone talk about it but this might be a good thing for autos because I am pretty impressed with what I'm seeing so far and wonder if it would be the same if I didn't happen to use this stuff by accident?

when i grew in soil, i used it as well and my plants were awesome..i even used the 3 month MG soil with amazing results.

Dank Don said:
man, some of us are getting old eyes, and that was quite hard to read. lol...

Dank Don, let me see if I can make it easier for you, lol.

I picked some of this up thinking i needed a bit more when potting and never really looking at the bag because it has a huge "PERLITE" on the bag so i got it, right.

Well, i used it for filler after the soil (Pro-Mix) compressed with water and noticed after the fan blowing it around some and it landing on a couple leaf's and causing small brown spots I got to looking at it again and it is enriched with Miracle-Gro plant food.

Has the following in it they say.

* Nitrogen (N) 0.04%
* 0.016% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
* 0.024% Nitrate Nitrogen
* Available Phosphate (P2O5) - 0.01%
* Soluable potash (K2O) - 0.06%

Derived from ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, calcium phosphate, and potassium sulfate.

Until last night,I haven't feed them a thing other than the Microise in the Pro-Mix Bx but my plants are doing very well and I just discovered this morning that the MG Perlite is loaded some, lol.

Just thought I'd bring it up as I haven't heard anyone talk about it but this might be a good thing for autos because I am pretty impressed with what I'm seeing so far and wonder if it would be the same if I didn't happen to use this stuff by accident?

How's that? I'm not sure what you mean by hard to read??

ArtVandolay said:
Yes, I knew perlite is nuted. It was one of the 103 mistakes I made on my 1st grow :hubba: Experience is one of those things you get just after you need it :D

Dank Don size for your protection. ;)

You speak the truth, Art. Thing is, I apparently wasn't smart enough to even read ANYTHING else on the bag other than those wonderful, very large, did I say big? billboard of letters adding up to "PERLITE" and I was done right then and there because that big bag of white little balls of goodness had me at "PERLITE" and that's all I needed to know.

Best thing is it worked out for the best and I didn't have to learn to read the bag the hard way. :holysheep: that never happens.

By the way, what are these "mistake" things you speak of? Not sure what those are.....:p

Wow even the perlite has nutes on it? I never knew that, thanks for telling me...

I wonder if it's all of the companies that do it or just a few, and if it washes off with watering, because some people flush their perlite before they use it to get rid of the glass particulates.

high before and after said:
Wow even the perlite has nutes on it? I never knew that, thanks for telling me...

I wonder if it's all of the companies that do it or just a few, and if it washes off with watering, because some people flush their perlite before they use it to get rid of the glass particulates.

I don't know either but those are valid point's. I don't think that there is much Perlite being used with nutes. MG is all about the nutes, they are addicted.

Not all perlite has nutes in it....it's just another way for MG to try to get people to buy their product...ooohh if I add this to my soil it will help feed my plants....lol

I wouldn't use anything pre-nuted...but at those low of levels it probably won't affect much, and it will probably also wash away in the first couple waterings, unless it actually contains the little time release balls in with the perlite.

Not sure what that stuff cost, but at the local garden supply place I get 4cf bags of hort grade perlite for ~$17.

Comes in a huge (4cf is a LOT!), heavy brown bag.

Waaaay cheaper than anything at Lowes or HD and well worth looking for.

DD

Some people are allergic to pot grown with miracle gro. I am one of them. After passing out twice from smoking weed grown by a friend (it made me stop breathing) I asked him how he grew. He said "I use miracle gro". He no longer does.

:rolleyes:
Some people are allergic to pot grown with miracle gro. I am one of them. After passing out twice from smoking weed grown by a friend (it made me stop breathing) I asked him how he grew. He said "I use miracle gro". He no longer does.

Amazon is your friend. With the advent of free 2 day shipping you can now buy whatever you need and whatever brand you desire. Within reason.

Really? Never heard of that one. Scott's Black Label (I believe that is the name) has recently invested HEAVILY in the Cannabis grow market, something like to the tune of 500 million dollars. There are minute traces of Nitrogen, Phorsphorus and Potassium along with a "proprietary" blend of micro nutrients in Miracle Grow. There is even live fungus, that are necessary for good root uptake as well in a lot of high quality soils. This reference is about Miracle Grow getting into the pot business. https://www.thecannabist.co/2017/01/31/scotts-miracle-gro-marijuana-hydroponics/72676/

Since all plants take up water and nutrients in the soils one must be diligent in even using good clean water. Water that was used for your plants that have heavy metals or even arsenic are translocated into the plant by the root system. My guess, was not the MG soil but some other factor that may have caused such a reaction.

Barney-Gomer.JPG

Latest posts

Back