Perlite by Miracle Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warfish

Random title
Reaction score
I went to pick up my normal 2.5cf bag of perlite from Home Depot only to find they where out of stock and it is out of season. The only other perlite they had was some by miracle grow. This stuff says it has nutrients added to the perlite :(
Does anyone know how substantial the amount of nutrients is in the perlite? I wonder if I could rinse some of it off before planting with it. I would not be so concerned except for the fact that I am going to be using this for a soil mix for some new seedlings. The soil is an organic mix and itself should be pretty mild.

Thanks for any info anyone may have on this :D

I wouldn't use it if you don't have to. MG's nutes aren't the best for marijuana. they have it with the house plants at the grocery store here. Good luck warfish.

If you have to use it I would wash it 3 or 4 times and hopefully all the chemical nutes will desolve and wash away

Its not that bad war,

hXXp://www.scotts.com/smg/products/Miracle-Gro/soil/in_container/pdf/Miracle-Gro%20Perlite.pdf

Thats the label, bottom left at the back it shows the NPK.

I agree with Jericho and Puff, it should be fine.

MG isnt that bad, did i just say that.....:eek: :bolt:

dman1234 said:
MG isnt that bad, did i just say that.....:eek: :bolt:

This made me lol :)

Thank you all for your advice and input! :D I think I am going to give this a good rinse a few times and go ahead with it. I really only need a small amount of soil between now and spring when it will be back in stock.

Thanks again, my friends :)

Latest posts

Back