PH and tap water.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there are units that connect to the supply line that comes into the house. They are Electrolytic De-Scalers, or something like that...... basically from the way i understand it, The unit has leads that are wrapped around your houses supply line and then a current is passed thru them. This creates an electro-magnetic field that changes the chemical makeup of the lime and calcium scale particles in the water...

That is about all I know of the systems.... Iheard about them on the radio on one of the saturday morning talk shows on home repair. I am sure some info can be found on the web about those systems.

CasualGrower said:
Well there are units that connect to the supply line that comes into the house. They are Electrolytic De-Scalers, or something like that...... basically from the way i understand it, The unit has leads that are wrapped around your houses supply line and then a current is passed thru them. This creates an electro-magnetic field that changes the chemical makeup of the lime and calcium scale particles in the water...

That is about all I know of the systems.... Iheard about them on the radio on one of the saturday morning talk shows on home repair. I am sure some info can be found on the web about those systems.

Thanks CG.

Any other ideas?

Stunzeed..

they are called "water remediation systems"

they can be very expensive or some what cheap.

all depends on what kind of water system ur on (well, public) , how old ur main line is, how deep it is, whether its hooked to a water meter (if u pay per gallon, or a flat rate monthly) and of course whether or not the city will allow u to hook one up (if u choose to get permits)

if ur on a private well, and uknow where u main line is, u could probably do it urself.

but yea no matter will cost a pretty penny.

there is an alternative tho, it requires some work.

but when i was young my dad hooked up carbon filters to the water lines coming from the water heater. all the water to the inside of ur house will come thru your water heater one way or another.

if u go look, ur water heater should have 2 pipes coming from it, one hot one cold obviously. u get a "constant run" reverse osmosis filter system, or triple stage carbon filter system or something of the sort ($200-$500)

turn off ur main water line outside. go to the pipes coming from your water heater. cut a section out of them so that the filter system can fit there, then buy your connections. weld, glue and go.

litte bit of work but much cheaper than puting a remediation system on ur main line.

heres a single stage carbon filter that can screw right onto to faucet heads.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...Id=10053&productId=100094459&N=10000003+90401

the water that goes to ur house will almost always pass by your clothes washer first.

so you could get a T faucets for the hot and cold line. have the first faucet on the hot line go to ur washer, then have the second faucet on the hot line going to the filter.

same thing on ur cold line. first fauct goes to the washer, the second faucet to your second carbon filter.

then you have both your hot and cold water being filtered.

RO water at Kroger or any other food supermarket is only 27 cents per gallon. It is also open 24/7 so yeah. It is a lot less work and is a lot easier to use.

lol well if ur irrigating hundreds of buckets or filling up multiple 80 gal resevoirs constantly buying water isnt really an option ;)

saves u alot in the long run and is easy if u kno how to work the tools u got.

0b1kinsmokey said:
lol well if ur irrigating hundreds of buckets or filling up multiple 80 gal resevoirs constantly buying water isnt really an option ;)

saves u alot in the long run and is easy if u kno how to work the tools u got.

LOL not that much but a 15 gallon res is a pain too!

Stunzeed..

Latest posts

Back