PH question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwa

Reaction score
Hello. I'm just getting back into hydro after quite awhile and have a question on PH. How ofton does everybody have to adjust their PH? My water is high PH (6.7) and I like to keep it as close to 5.8 as I can but it seems I have to PH down it every other day or so. I was just wondering what everyone else experiences and is this normal? Thanks for any input.

i am new to hydro, I am have to PH my water up everyday from 4.8-5.4 is where it is every time i check it. not sure if its common or not

More info for help will be needed I believe.
What kind of nutes are you using? What's the temp of your rez? Do you mix and let sit 24h before putting with plant?

I can't be of much help, but answering these question will make it easier for others to help

ok man,

mix you nutes...not weak in dro.

do not chek PH yet!

bubble overnight!!!

check 12 hrs later...it should be on mark around 5.8. if not wait a lil longer... to weak? = high ph
mix to strong?= low ph

do not add ph down!

let nutes buffer!! you want it around 5.8, it should buffer down. if not you have a problem with your nutes or water. high ppms from tap? = Reverse osmosis filter. low ppm? usually no probs.

just now whats in yer water. have it tested ;)

your good bro.

I use GH nutes and I don't care how long I bubble, the buffers do not take the pH down to 5.8. I always have to add pH down. I have a starting pH of around 7.0 and starting ppms of 50, so it isn't my water quality. But this was also the case when I used RO water. The buffers take it down some, but IME, I still need to use pH down.

However if you are getting large flucuations between res changes, it could be that the nute solution was too strong or too weak starting out. There is a relationship between ppms and pH.

i use gh nutes in several hydro systems and have no problem with it buffering to 5.8 and even staying there for 4-5 days.

:confused2:

Latest posts

Back