Ph unbalaced? or what the hell is going wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

accid

So for the past 3-4 weeks ALL of my plants have been getting the same symptoms which is yellowing in between the leave veins. Followed by stunted growth, its like the growth is slowed substantially and compacted. The leaves have thickened and curl up a bit as well as turn a brownish color and dries out.

My veg box contains 4 100w cfls, 6500k spectrum. 75 degrees and 50% humidity. Fox farms ocean forest soil. I have not given them any nutes. I have grown in here before but have never had this issue. Here is a photo of my current vegging plants.

If you look closely the yellowing appears to be in between the leaves and its spreading throughout the plant. It also droops. Someone stated it could be a deficiency of some sort and i believe it is BUT i think it could be from a PH ISSUE. I used to water my plants using a liquid ph test so i color matched it and it worked fine, but now i bought a hanna digital ph meter, calibrate it EVERTIME before use and set the water to7.0.

My guess is that this is too high?! I read one should set it to 6.2-6.8 max. I truly dont know what the problem is. I put other ones in bigger pots and still the problem progresses. I tested the run off water and it remains at 6.90 so the PH appears good.

What exactly is the issue. I have done all the same methods in the past and never ran into this problem until now. Basically ever since i got a DIGITAL PH METER. I know it works cause it picks up 7.01 on the calibration solution everytime.

Here are the photos, let me know what you guys think.

week8-09.JPG

week8-11.JPG

week8-12.JPG

week8-03.JPG

keep your PH at 6.5 and it looks like a mag def. try giving your girls some nutes and keep it low. 400 - 500 PPM max.

Brother, they don't look good. Can you give us a little more on how old they are, the soil type, what you've been doing with feeding/watering, etc...? Would like to help you but each of the above concerns is potentially valid... hungry, over nuted, pH, over watered...? Agree that they need some corrective action, so...

Hello Accid :)

Pot is too small, Ph is out, it should be 6.5 as mentioned above and your over watering it.

The pot is constraining your root system, the over watering is not letting the roots have access to oxygen.

Re pot into bigger pots, the first watering should include feed.

Let the soil dry out between waterings, if you dont get your head around the importance of letting the soil dry between waterings your going to have problems all through your grow.

You say ALL your plants are getting this, what are you doing to ALL your plants?

Your watering them.

:peace:

Your soil looks soaked, lets it dry out til the top is a little crusty and it's dry 3-4 inches deep.

i have a digital PH meter and i was under the impression that to get a correct calabration you had to do a 2 point calabration. this may only be for my type of meter but when i calabrate it i do so using both the 7.01 and 4.01 solution and i store the meter in a coffee cup with enough 7.01 to keep the probe submerged.

good luck

Latest posts

Back