Pics included... how could I remedy these skinny weak seedling stalks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonthebaptist87

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post here on this forum. I hope to draw as much knowledge from you all as I can. My last baby grew really tall a few days after sprouting... then collapsed under her own weight.

This time around, as you can see, the seedlings in the hot pod propagator are kind of bending. I thought of putting more dirt in the peat cups to help strengthen and balance the bottom part of the stems in those peat cups, but any other ideas? These things are delicate and I don't want to touch and mess around with them too much, as you can see I finagled a way to prop up one of the propagator seedlings but that won't last to long since their growing extremely fast.

Also, when should I transplant from the seed pod? All seedlings are currently 3-4 days old.

600w dimmed to 300w right now
63x30x30 grow tent (inches)
one 6' inline 240CFM fan blowing exhaust out from directly under the light.

Also keeping a humidifier in the tent to manage my consistently dry and arid environment. Any and all help is of course greatly appreciated.

Edit: Seems they won't allow me to upload a picture... a picture I can upload to any other forum? I don't get it. But otherwise I have stretchy plants what can I do here?

Is your light as close as it can get to the plant? Stretch is normally a light problem,,especially in Vegg.

hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo316-27-37.jpg
hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo916-27-37.jpg
hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo1016-27-37.jpg
hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo.jpg

Seems like I cant even post them using
but hey, what can you do? :watchplant:

Your light is to far away. Might wanna try T5s for vegging,,but ya really need yur light closer to stop the stretch. Fill yur pot with more dirt to kill the stretch ya already have.

All those (hopefully) ladies look fine to me. If they stretch on you and start bending carefully transplant them to a larger pot. Its also okay to bury a portion of the stalk at the seedling age. The plant is capable of sprouting roots from newly buried portions - and I agree about the light

Fill the cup up with soil. Get it as close to the light as you can with out burning it. Hold you hand on top of the plant to decide what is too hot.

Put a fan on it so that it blows gently accross the plant, not blowing it down.
Does it need water too?

Rosebud said:
Fill the cup up with soil. Get it as close to the light as you can with out burning it. Hold you hand on top of the plant to decide what is too hot.

Put a fan on it so that it blows gently accross the plant, not blowing it down.
Does it need water too?
:yeahthat:

seedlings can start like that sometimes, bury all that stalk in new pots and get a light close as mentioned. You dont need a humidity dome for seedling.

Well see I have a problem with temperatures - my fan is situated directly aside my light, and if I lower it there's no real way to get that heat vented out. And I've had temperatures reach 90 F. But I did go ahead and lower them. I also took some measures to prop the plants up since I didn't get the go-ahead for just adding more soil

hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo3.jpg
hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo9.jpg
hXXp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo10.jpg

Just to give it some structural support, the black pen cap was carved into a c-shape so the stem could rest on it without the pen being planted at an angle, and with v-cut q-tips to lean the plant into a straighter stance. I also accidentally knocked my plant down face first. She looked surprisingly good, but the roots were visible though still in the pot so I added more dirt and buried her up into her neck and pulled to make sure it was as straight as possible without damaging her.

Dude, did you read the posts, we all said put more soil in the cups.

No, I did not read the posts, I didn't know how long I'd have to wait and didn't want to risk it. No harm done.

Ok, so you know what to do now? green mojo, good luck on your new babies.

Dude, read the responses to the question you asked help on.....

Not clicking your live links. Read site rules please, and post pics direct. Good luck with your grow

My live links were posted because my 500kb picture overloaded this sites whole damn server... how else could I share pictures which are the only way to get criticism about your problem.

Put them in paint, or any other photo deal and shrink them. It ain't hard. Have to do it with every pic I post and takes a couple mins. It's for security issues. People here are willing to help. Just follow the rules and more will chime in.

But you have to read responses too. A bunch of awesome growers did reply already what you could do.

ston-loc said:
Put them in paint, or any other photo deal and shrink them. It ain't hard. Have to do it with every pic I post and takes a couple mins. It's for security issues. People here are willing to help. Just follow the rules and more will chime in.

But you have to read responses too. A bunch of awesome growers did reply already what you could do.

Do this or set your camera to 640x480.

Latest posts

Back