Pics included... how could I remedy these skinny weak seedling stalks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you have done all the advice of the others here(if you have the money go to the website I will list and buy you one of these T5HO lights. These lights are florouscent and are set in the proper light spectrum for vegging plants. They don't put out as much heat as HIDs so that you can get them very close to the plants, which will prevent stretching.

hxxp://htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp.asp

If you haven't figured this out yet, just right-click on the web-link then click copy. go to the top of the page where the URL is listed and right-click on that and paste the link there. Then backspace over the hxxp and replace it with http then click enter. It will take you to the light that you need to veg your plants with. You can order this online and have it shipped right to your house without any worries of law enforcement(because sooo many people order stuff for "legitamate" growing that they can't waste the resources chasing possible illegal stuff).

Read all of the information here and take some serious time to look at the grow journals as there is loads of information there on how people do stuff in their grows, mistakes that they have made, and tricks and methods that they have learned. Be patient and don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Your pictures did not overload the server. It is set up this way so that we don't waste space with poster sized pictures. There is a size limit to pictures posted. I, personally will not click on outside direct links. You need to resize your pics to post them or set the resolution lower on your camera. You are taking a risk posting grow pics on Photobucket, especially if that is your real name. Photobucket has been known to work with LEOs. You will also notice that I have edited your links so they are not direct links. Please post all outside links that way.

You have gotten good advise here and you got it right away. I'm not sure why you would take the time to open a new thread, take pics, post them in Photobucket, but not read any of the responses you got here?

Please read the site rules. We feel that, as adults, we should be able to get our point across without the use of swear words.

Another words youngster,,take a chill pill.;)

While I seriously doubt that your real name is Jon Dough, it's not real smart to post pics at photobucket. Also, not cool to re-ask a question that's already been answered because you couldn't be bothered to read the answers before asking again. Like WeedHopper alluded, your actions make me wonder if you're old enough to post here.

Despite my best efforts, I often see a lot of stretching in new seedlings. It's a simple matter to correct by burying them deeper. Like tomatoes, bury them to the first set of leaves and all will work out for you.

I read ALL posts.. I wonder if your all old enough to comprehend the nature of a question and it's purpose which is to receive an answer and understanding. Of course I read all the posts, I was referring to the few posts in the beginning of the thread since I did not want to wait who knows how long to receive an answer... with growing, time is the essence, so I just posted pics of how I quickly came to my own conclusion. No need to exercise your long-standing authorities as posters because a new poster with very little experience asks a question about his seedlings and then why his pictures didn't post as they do on every other forum. Not complaining at all about policy, but considering this is a green forum... let's just all get a lonng from here. I've since buried the things up to there neck. I'll make sure to keep a nice grow journal, learning from my mistakes.

Welcome jon, glad you buried the little guys. That is cool you are keeping a journal, see you there, or here.

Awesome, thanks Rosebud.

Also, will two 4" fans run quieter than one loud 6" fan? I can't take the noise level of these 6 inchers. Thanks guys​

Two 4" fans will probably be louder than one 6" fan. What you are hearing the most(typically) is gusting air. They make duct mufflers that you attach to fans and they work very well to cut down the noise of rushing air.

Also could someone reccomend a safe and private server for uploading pics? I feel they are important in explaining and understanding problems

jonthebaptist87 said:
Also could someone reccomend a safe and private server for uploading pics? I feel they are important in explaining and understanding problems

The pics get uploaded to the MP server which is safe and private....and not in the States. I shoot my pics with my Samsung S3 now, but I used to use Digital cameras. I would always take my pics, move them to my computer and then resize them all in one batch. Then I would upload them to here without problems. I always use either 800x600 or 600x800 as my output size depending on camera orientation.

Thanks you all have been very helpful so far, but I have another question. I am transplanting out of my seed pods tonight since they have respectively grown to 1.5 inches and 1 inch exactly. I've included the pics, but since the seed pods as you can see are so small, how could I transplant without causing damage/killing the plant?

I've removed the hyperlink to these pics since I have a mac and am not sure exactly how to manipulate my pictures.

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/short_seed_pod.jpg

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/tincan1.jpg

The tin can is 10 ounces. I really want these things out their pods

Yeah those are stretched and need to be transplanted and buried a bit. I would try a spoon and some gentle touch. Not sure if a tin can is a great idea for pot, but it will work.

Hamster Lewis said:
I would try a spoon and some gentle touch.
Yeah, and make sure the soil is damp enough that it will hold together a little. It looks like it could be a tricky transplant. I use jiffy pucks and they make it a lot easier.

It is not a good idea to use any kind of metal container as a pot. The nutrients can react with the metal.

Are you having trouble resizing your pictures so you can post here? Photobucket really is not safe.

Thanks, its a done deal... now can only hope for the best :hubba:

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/JonDough/photo1.jpg

Well since I made the transplant, I'll wait until the roots grow big enough to be transplanted into another pot, maybe veg it to be a mother plant so the metal can't really affect the growth.

And yes I have a mac and have no idea how to resize photos. Besides nothing overtly illegal here, just some plants in a very early stage nothing noticeable

Latest posts

Back