Pics of my big one!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BagSeed

Reaction score
This is my only surviving original starter plant. I have a few other small ones and am rapidly trying to start more but im putting a lot of hope into this one. It is about 2.5 feet tall now and about 2 months old. It has been rootbound about 2 weeks and i plan on transplanting into the ground and its final spot this week. It is just some random bag seed but the growth has been pretty rapid on it. I hope for it to be about 6 feet tall by harvest. I had another one the same kind but ants made a home in its pot and killed it when it was about a foot and a half tall. Here are some pics and i was wondering if you can tell sex yet. It has what appear to be hairs but it i probably new growth. Any help is greatly appreciated.

untitled3.jpg

untitled.jpg

untitled4.jpg

BagSeed said:
i was wondering if you can tell sex yet. It has what appear to be hairs but it i probably new growth. Any help is greatly appreciated.
A bit too early to tell yet,but does look to be a lady to me,look foward to seeing you post your progress

Anyone else know if it is a female? Also, if it is 2.5 feet tall by 2 months, any guess on how tall this could get before it is all done? It is definately a sativa and i live at the 35th parallell. It will be getting about 6 hours direct sun daily in it's new spot. I'm hoping for about 6 foot because anything above that is almost too big imo.

I would bend the growing tip down or pinch it to get some lower branches to grow more. You will get more from it. It is too soon to tell sex on that plant, from what I can see.

420benny said:
I would bend the growing tip down or pinch it to get some lower branches to grow more. You will get more from it.
So if I top it the bottom branches will grow more? I was kinda thinking that I wanted more branching. I will probably try that in a week or two after i transplant, i don't wanna shock it too much. Thanks for the help.

if you can get a clear pic of the nodes near the top of the plant it would be easier for ppl to help sex it. most of my plants show sex within 6 weeks from seed. good luck and be safe

Yeah it almost looks like it is showing pistils on the top but im not sure. Doesn;t it have to have reducing day light to show sex or is it just by age? The days are still getting longer so i'm not sure. I sure hope it is a male because i just spent about 7 hours transplanting it to it's final location in the ground. If this thing is female I will be set for this whole year. I got a few more starting but it's getting a little warm around here to start plants...

pistols don't necessarily mean a female (especially when dealing with bagseeds) :p keep checking for balls...You don't want any trannys on main St. :D it's bad for business :D Good Luck,Stay Cool

Well i would rather this thing be hermie than a male because i still would get some buds since this is my only large plant. If this thing is female im hoping for over a half pound off of it. That would be amazing. Everyone cross their fingers. I plan on going to look at it in about 2.5-3 weeks because i am about to go out of town so hopefully it will have grown another foot by then. I added soil moist to the soil and it isn't too extremely hot yet and we have high humidity in my area. Its also planted about 300 feet from a river and about 150 feet from a rather large creek that runs into the river so the soil around it is pretty moist.

Cool,try not to make large trails to and from the creek or river.Waterways are arial avenues for flying pigs :p
i'm gonna keep watching your progress.Stay Cool

slowmo77 said:
if you can get a clear pic of the nodes near the top of the plant it would be easier for ppl to help sex it. most of my plants show sex within 6 weeks from seed. good luck and be safe

SLOWMO--really? While they're still in veg? How do they "show"?

I had a weird experience...yesterday I noticed one of my OUTSIDE plants had started making balls! In real day light. Duh? Why did that happen? The plant, come to think of it...was just about six weeks old...hmmm.
Any further details you could give on how they show gender so early would be a great help.

Dixie

LassChance said:
SLOWMO--really? While they're still in veg? How do they "show"?

I had a weird experience...yesterday I noticed one of my OUTSIDE plants had started making balls! In real day light. Duh? Why did that happen? The plant, come to think of it...was just about six weeks old...hmmm.
Any further details you could give on how they show gender so early would be a great help.

Dixie

when a plant reaches sexual maturity it will show sex, most plants are mature around 6 weeks or so. this can varie from strain to strain. i run all my veg plants on 24/0 and they generaly show between 4 to 6 weeks. hope this helps

Well i sure hope this thing is a female because i finally transplanted it in the ground. It was about 3 feet tall and this was two weeks ago. I haven't seen it since then unfortunately and won't be able to for another week. I am hoping it will be at least 4 feet tall by then. Hopefully a pleasant surprise awaits me. I plan to top it also when i go. Can i clone the top?

You think it is a sativa? Doesn't look like it to me. Looks like an indica dom.

Latest posts

Back