Pipestone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnneyB

Reaction score
As my grow is in flower stage now I have been thinking of how to smoke it. I prefer pipes over bongs or paper.. A long time ago I made a pipe out of stone..pipestone to be exact.. So I got ahold of a place in pipestone Minnesota and ordered me a chunk of rock..The sstone costs $4 to $5 a pound...I bought a small mason looking brick for $ 15 and shipping in total less than $ 25.. I can make ten pipes , at least out of it.. The rock is real easy to carve and drill.. It also has a great history behind it.
Native Americans have been using this stone for almost ever..back to 1200AD. they make their peace-pipes out of it. The indians declared truces and stopped wars so they could harvest this rock..the pipestone rock is mined by the dakota sioux in southwest MN at the pipestone national monument...Henry wadsworth Longfellow mentioned the stone in his poem" A Song of Hiawatha".
Pipestone is a mass of limestone found in clay. It is dark red in color...It smokes real smooth.
I will make a thread in DIY forum on how to make one if anyone is interested..

Sell me one! haha, but for real I used to make wood pipes out of the bamboo in my village where I lived in Brazil. I really love non-glass pipes, they don't brake haha.

Latest posts

Back