Plant looks droopy today...WHY???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkerluke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I noticed last night that one of my plants was looking a little droopy, and I don't really know the reason. The leaves are also a little curled insead of straight like they were before. They were all really perky a few days ago, I watered them this morning, and the last time I watered them was on Friday morning. They are in FFOF soil, and are a little over 3 weeks old. No nutes yet as the soil has enough for 30 days I was told, especially since I transplanted last week into fresh soil 3 gallon pots. I use distilled water from the store, and never really had a problem until today...am I just being paranoid, or am I doing something wrong. 400W MH bulb, plenty of air in my open bedroom with temp in the room never above 80. Thanks.

DSC00834.JPG

I totally agree,overwatering is by far the most common mistake a grower makes,especialy in the seedling stage,your plant looks great,just get yourself in a habit of checking your plants,soil should be moist half a fingers length in the pot,or you could just stop using soil and use coco coir,it is very easy to know when to water it gets light as a feather,haha,just a suggestion,I am all about coco,haha,great job,keep us posted

Okay, thanks. Although I didn't water since friday around noon, I guess those new large pots are probably holding more water than my little plants can drink. I thought 4-5 days between watering was long enough to wait, but I'll leave it a little longer next time, or invest in a moisture reader.

When I notice that I over water, I take a plastic fork and carefully insert it into the soil and lift, loosen and aerate the soil a little. They perk up fast.

420benny said:
When I notice that I over water, I take a plastic fork and carefully insert it into the soil and lift, loosen and aerate the soil a little. They perk up fast.

also helps to make sure the plants are getting air circulation, and they're not sitting on the ground, but so that air can travel under the pot too

Yeah, your plant looks great. Probably just a bit over-watered, that's all.

Latest posts

Back