Plant under 12/12 for 22 days without showing any bud growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibbaj

Reaction score
Hey all! Glad to see this site available!

I have been growing for the better part of 20 years, indoor and out, have bred and created strains but I am stumped...

I put my AK47 (aged 6 weeks under 24hrs and is showing pistils) under a 1000 watt HPS about 20-25 days ago and yet it is not starting to bud. If anything it just seems to be starting meaning there is little to no bud growth. I am using soil, the PH is fine, no light leaks, etc...

Any idea why this may be taking so long to get going? Temp, humidity, etc... are all fine.

Could I be being impatient? I am out of smoke right now so maybe its just that.

Oh and the other plants (all the Purps) went in the same time and are showing at least the beginning of budding.

Thanks! :icon_smile:

thats a trait inductive of long flowering sativa's. are you seeing alternating nodes? if there's no alternating nodes, then she isn't ready to bud yet, and your in for some stretch. if there are alternating nodes, then are you feeding them high amounts of N? do you have any pics?

AK47 is not a long flowering Sativa. It is actually a short flowering Indica dominant. The way I read this: "I put my AK47 (aged 6 weeks under 24hrs and is showing pistils) under a 1000 watt HPS about 20-25 days ago" is that you took plants that were under 18/6 lighting and put them under 24hr of light with no dark period. Is that correct or did you mis-speak? If you have put them under constant light with no dark period(12hrs light/12hrs dark) that is the problem.

If you just mis-spoke and you actually have them under 12/12 then it may be as Shortbus said with having too much nitrogen in the soil. Or you may have significant amounts of light leaking into the flowering space during the dark period and that is deterring them from going into flower.

The last possibility is that you have a mislabelled set of plants, and they are not AK47 but some unknown Stiva dominant plants.

Welcome to the Passion fellow grower :)

i hope you have switched to 12/12 from 24/7, otherwise youll get no budding.

Maybe just a goofy plant:confused2: or just slow tO show:confused2:

Have you flowered this strain before?

he was saying that he grew that plant for 6 weeks under 24 hours of light and that the plant was showing pistols meaning maturity before starting the flowering cycle. I have never had a plant take that long to start showing once switched to 12/12 regardless of strain. some show faster than others but after 25 days there should be something.

I agree thanks for clearing that up KP. Maybe its just one of those goofy as genes you see once in a while. kinda like us humans once and a while we have a funny one.

Try giving it 24hrs of straight dark to kick it into flowering. Never done it myself but have heard about people doing it. My other idea try cutting your light cycle down slowly like 15 or 30 min a week till you get to 9 hours of light 15 hours of dark. Also some pics never hurt the diagnostic process.

I am so sorry everyone! I had the AK's under 24 hours for six weeks then put them in my flowering room which is under 12/12 lighting. No light leaks for sure and my Purps are doing awesome!

The Ak's are starting to bud now but its been a long time, almost a month for this to occur. I cannot get my pics to upload... Says they are too big

Thanks everyone!

You may have had too much nitrogen in the mix and it took them longer to get that out of the system, or they may have a strong Sativa influence in the genes.

If you are using MS windows program on regular computer, you can just right-click on the picture and then left-click on edit in the menu that pops up. then at the top of the page that comes up, click image and then click stretch/skew. When the next menu comes up, where you see the box that saus stretch and has 100 in each box, change those to 50 and click ok. The picture will change and if it is smaller than the whole page that it is in, it should fit to upload. Then you have to click on file and then save as and name it and decide where to put the file so that you can find it. I put mine in "my documents" and created several files within files for storing miscelaneous pics, then created a file deep in that and put all my grow pics in the buried file so others don't accidentally stumble upon them. :) hope this helps :)

I think it may be the nitrogen... Once I started hitting it hard with flowering formula it has helped.

I am on an old Mac... Argggg

Thanks for the help everyone! I will post a pic once I can drop the size.

Not a bad pic. Plant looks good and healthy. Is that your grow space where you took the pic? If so, you need to get some reflective material put up around the plants to hold more light in. The brick will absorb a tremendous amount of light energy that the plants could use. Other than that they look ok :)

Im no expert but that plant looks over watered and from some of the leaves it looks like there are nutrient issues.

Hey thanks everyone for the info! Hushpuppy, I took it out of the grow room for the pic... Security issues :)

Hey Tommy, this plant is finally looking AWESOME! Taking a lot longer than I thought but the leaves are at a 45 degree angle or more. The plant is taking in a TON of nutrients and it is starting to stretch a little. I think I got an AK Sativa pheno. Weird eh? I will try to get a new pic to show you

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back