Planted Clones Outdoors in Soil, Drooping & Curling Downward/Inward & turning yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruitpunch77

Reaction score
alright so heres the deal, i recently purchased clones from a grower buddie of mine...they came in these square boxes called grodens..they were a decent size and looked nice and green when delivered...maybe about 11-13 inches they were, had enough leaves and stems awell. I kept em under my desk for about a 2 days because i still had to buy a soil mix. (no light under my desk :S) so anyways i went out and got a soil mixture of: Organic potting soil, Peat moss, Compost, Perlite, Vermiculite, Lime dolomite. I also bought a transplanting chemical that was water soluble to help the plants over come the shock. I dug the holes 2 feet deep and 12 inches around and filled them with soil and made sure not to compact. So pretty much the day after i planted them it rained like CRAZY. like JUNGLE style...but it was on and off....and the sun was out a bit here and there...but not really any hot days where the sun was shining alot. I went to visit them after 2 nights of being there just to see if they had drowned or what...some of them were looking good, one was out of the ground...so i planted it back in and turned the soil. a couple of them were completly drooped...and im talking the were drooooped...it appeared to be a fadded green colour i think. But yeah anyways they were very very very drooped the leaves were all curled inwards and what not....it made me very sad to see them like this! im not sure what the pH level is i intend to check very soon but maybe they were overwatered due to the heavy rain and lack of sun? not enough nutrients? too many nutrients? i havent given any fert yet just soil mix and the transplant chemical. did i plant too soon? are they dead?? please help me! also i found snails around some of the plants...is this okay? i got rid of them for now tho lol. the weather calls for 2 more days of rain! im screwed, someone please help me

will post pics 2moro afternoon...also bone meal was in the soil mixture aswell...

Sounds like they have been overwatered ... if you get more rain cover it with something that will keep the rain out ... hopefully you are close enough to your grow where you can remove the cover once the rain stops ... if it rains during the day ... good luck to you ...

yea out here in toronto area we bein gettn rain every day its killin all my lil plants to

yea its supposed to rain for the next 4 days!! then on tueaday it wil be hot and sunny again...will the sun save my plants and reverse all the damage? or are they as good as garbage? how do you know when your plant is dead?

fruitpunch77 said:
yea its supposed to rain for the next 4 days!! then on tueaday it wil be hot and sunny again...will the sun save my plants and reverse all the damage? or are they as good as garbage? how do you know when your plant is dead?

The sun should not reverse the damage, but any new growth should be fine, unless there are other problems besides lack of sun/over watering

Latest posts

Back