Plants just died... wondering why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ajswann

I have a 1000 Watt HPS light and I had 8 Clones under them. I was watering them every other day with straight water. The Ph was around 7.5. I used some foxfarm grow big liquid plant food 6-4-4 a couple of times but the leaves became yellow at the ends so I stopped. Every thing was going well for about ten days. Then I noticed that the leaves were drooping a little bit so I tried watering them a little bit more and that is went everything went wrong. I came back 1 day later and the plants were all but dead. before I try again I wanted to know if any body had any suggestions.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

I'm just guessing but you could have over watered them. Maybe the roots have rotted. They need to dry in between waterings. Do they look rotted?

Read thru the stickys. Just start from scratch. It looks more like many many probs with your plant let alone, we dont know what your room conditions are like also. Update with info if you got questions beyond stickys. GL

MindzEye nailed it. Ganja came into the world in an arid environment and hasn't lost its taste for drying out. Next time, try watering one and not watering one and see if either revive.

Luck and peace.

I also believe that the plants show some serious nute burn.

I was watering them every other day with straight water. The Ph was around 7.5.

thats what caused the yellowing and the droopiness. at 7.5 you suffered severe lockout...overwatering rotted the roots. ;) It hung on for 10 days then suffered what we call sudden death syndrome.

hi!
some said to much water is a main reason,which i agree. fell how heavy the pots are, u can take one out of pot and then its easy to see if u overwater them(if the bottom is soking wet),if u have a proply mixed compost extra water should drain easy. **** happend dute!

Bad ph, nute lockout, root deterioration.

Boom, bam, pow.

Start over.

OUCH. thats gotta hurt!! better luck next time.

:eek: :eek: :eek: wow...my heart goes out to you and your family..

eh, it's how we learn..
Growing indoors is never as easy as dropping a seed in a pot of soil. Even after you provide the bare essentials there's still lots of things to check and keep track of, but it's within all of our reach. Once you learn those things it'll be smooth sailing (mostly). Now's the time to do some serious research. Lots of amazing info on this site. More than you'll need to have a fantastic future harvest. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back