Please Don't Laugh (alright go ahead) 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movintarget

Reaction score
Good Day,
OK. let me share with you my first grow. Seeds were from a good bag that I had obtained.and started in
Miracle grow potting soil. Daily routine till last week was this, Florescent lights (daylight bulbs) under the lights from 12:00pm till 7:30am/ Texas sun kissed and bathed in light till 12:00pm then back into light tunnel till next morning 7:30. Reg water with Miracle grow along with Superthrive-(Vitamines and Hormones) Plants have been in 12/12 for 5 days now and am waiting to identify male vs female. Now that your soar from laughing at my rookie set up any suggestions? I have ordered Jorge Cervantes grow bible and should arrive next week. I'm planning on my next grow soon.....
Thanks

:) :) :) Hay we all start somewhere...:) :)

just a point...i would try not to move plants from one location to another

as plants could become streased...my view others might say different..:)

but they look super..

Plants look real good there. Don't worry we don't lauugh the ones who truly try and follow or give good advice :D. Keep us up to date and by the way just leave them in the light tunnel if you can. Too much stress can bring your male and/or hermie ratio up.

Thanks for the reply,
I was guessing that the 4.5 hrs of direct sun would be benifical since they go back into the light tunnel with just the florescent daylight bulbs. So I'm assuming that the light tunnel will be alright for the rest of the grow?
Thanks again.....

For a proper grow, you should have a minimum of 3,000 lumens per/sq ft of plant canopy.

Your bulbs have a lumen rating. You can go on the net to the manufacturer's site and search for the bulb. That will give you the lumens of each bulb.

Total your lumens and divide by 3,000. That will be how many sq ft of plants you can grow under that amount of light.

5,000 lumens per sq ft is preferred for optimum growth and yield.

They look GREAT so far. Congrats on starting to grow! You will enjoy it...:bong2:

Wow, I'm really impressed man. I might have to copy some of your techniques for my first grow. I really dig that setup.

Simple and clean.

And your ladies look so hot. Keep up the good work dude!

I just started my grow journal... now that's something to laugh at. hah.

with flourescents, man keep the lights low, and the plants healthy.. if this is your first grow, don't worry about lumens per square foot. Your main concern should be to keep the plants healthy throughout their lifecycle ...

keep the smell down,and be sure to eliminate light leaks during flower. Other than that, the first couple grows you do, are strickly for learning purposes.

Most people don't even get a proper harvest and get everything perfect for the first 2 or 3 grows.
You have a much better start then most newbies i see around....Not to mention a well thought out little area.. although not very inconspicuous.

You'll do good with georges book, lot of good info in there. Grow looks great so far. We gotta start somewhere. But yes you will need a lot more light.

Latest posts

Back