1st time grow, CFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beejSEuk

Reaction score
Hey everybody, first time growing, and set up a small grow space in my closet with some cardboard and foil (I am aware that foil isn't the best reflector, but this is a low budget setup). I have 12 sprouts coming up in peat pots, and have some general questions about what is coming up next..

I have 3 CFLs on them 2x 60W Daylight (1800 lumens) and 1x 60W Soft White (825 lumens). My ventilation is coming from a small desk fan that is setup on the floor of the closet. The soil I used was some organic cow manure type ****, but planning on using FoxFarm soil when I transplant.

**I am aware I am going to need more light down the road, but give me feedback on my current lighting and whether it is enough for right now.**

-I kinda have a worry about a yellowish tint showing up on the petals of some of the sprouts. I'm pretty sure it's not a lack of water. (I don't water until the soil seems almost mostly/completely dry).

I attached some photos of the setup thus far...any feedback/suggestions?

Thanks,
-Sarge

EDIT..http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html <--
7. Please post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as 3 pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them. Also we discovered that quite a number pictures hosted on other sites gets deleted after some time making the threads worthless on our forums.

bee1.jpg

bee2.jpg

First of all nice start. Yes with as many plants as you got your going to need alot more light even now. Plus nutes, exhaust, and a hole lot more. May i suggest you search the genal growing or other forums on this site. You can start off buying what you can and slowly evolve. Also searching the diy section might help you build your own whatever to save on cashola. Your first investment should be nutriens, light bulbs, and fans to cool down your closet. A good place to start would be your local home depot or lowes, oh yeah keep an eye on temps. good luck and green thoughts be with ya!

Tinfoil and cardboard is a very flammable combination. Try to get your hands on some other type of material and paint it flat white. Tinfoil actually absorbs more light than it reflects, also every single wrinkle creates a hotspot behind it. I understand that this is a low budget grow but make it safe first and get that fire waiting to happen out of there.

you can use the back of gift wrap paper that is flat white. that would be better than foil.

hey man you also might want to move those light bout an inch to an inch and a half away from the plats to keep from stretching.Also u might want to pick up a cheap osicilating fan i scooped one from walmart for six bucks cause it's the end of the summer season. good luck bro

Latest posts

Back