Please Help Me With Growing 101 !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry i didnt read through all the comments here but i read you will be having a heat issue, and you said something about using an AC 24/7 which i can agree is kinda brutal on the electric bill... how ever you could always put some money into it, more up front but less on your bills in the long run, and invest in a solar panel set up to run your AC and/or lights... its a nice tatic for stealth growing if you have the captia to get the solar set up, now if thats not really an option for you my best advice would be to ditch the shed outside since the temps are so high and get yourself a tent or cabnet and put it in some room/closet where no guests would go, ie. basement (if they have them in brazil) or a room/closet, or even an attic if you can insulate it and keep it cooled with an AC/solar setup. there are so many options for you, so i guess it all comes down to your house layout and the cash your willing to put into it.
for a quick side note, iv got a friend who grows and hes went out and bought a solar set up,( not sure how much it all cost him, iv never asked sinces hes kinda a tightwad when it comes to $$$ >_< ), but because of the solar system he stays compleatly off the grid with his massive basement grow. the only electicty consumption the electric company sees is his ever day useage around the house, nothing associated with his grow, including his seperate AC set up for his grow area.

That's what I figured as far as the Sativa recommendation. Yea, my primary objectives are PAIN RELIEF - INSOMNIA - STRESS-ANXIETY / PAIN RELIEF (LOL). I too am a HD seasoned smoker with a very high tolerance, so I can handle pretty much whatever....and, seeing as I am going to be dealing with a limited amount of smoke on an annual basis, I will need it to be as potent as possible, so that will need to consume the least amount as possible to achieve the desired FX. So , I think that I will be looking more for an Indica dominant strain. I like your idea about the auto. Thanks. I will look for that when I order.

As far as logisticly speaking, I have been checking out some tents, and I think that this is the way for me to go. I wish that I could utilize more of the space that I have available to me down there, but it is what it is. That being said, I think that the tent is the way to go. That way, I can concentrate on just cooling the tent as opposed to the whole room. So between fans, "reversing" the night (which BTW was a great idea, which I never thought of, duh) and maybe a small A/C during the hottest parts of summer , I think I will be alright.
As far as lights, I think that I will go down with a small HID 150W HPS with a separate ballast (so I can keep it outside of the tent) and also a 2 lamp 24" T5 Fixture. I checked out a couple of tents...looks like 2'x2'x4' will do me pretty good. I figure if I pipe in some cool air (or just cool the room-we'll see), utilize some fans and venting, this will do fine.
What do you guys think?

*BTW ~ I have a 10KW Generator, this is fed into a transfer switch, wich immediatly fires up and kicks in JIC of a power outage. I also have a large bank of DC dry cells that are constantly kept charged at 90% (so they don't overcharge) by a cluster of solar panels on the roof. Everything's fed into a panel of rectifiers, inverters and a circuit breaker panel. I designed and installed the system myself. (I'm an Electrician). Perhaps I will expand the solar unit to power my grow system! That would be very cool and make the Miss' very happy :)

I greatly appreciate you both taking the time to educate me in the finer point of cultivation.

I am greatly looking forward to returning to Brazil to getting started with my new adventure. Where I live is a beautiful 5 bed/5 bath Villa on 2 acres surrounded by a 7 foot stone wall in a very private gated community. In the back of the property, is a small 1 bedroom stone house that was previously occupied by my caretaker, who has passed away. Now I'm retired, and moving back there full time. So, I'm going to use this as my music studio and this is where I plan to grow my little indoor garden. I have no security issues, my wife is cool as long as stay within the legal parameters...so I'm just working on getting everything together, (physically & mentally) to be able to make this work. Esp. since I have such a small margin for error. The hairiest part is just going to be getting the inital seeds into the country....hhhhmmm.

There's always the old "prison wallet" I suppose...LOL. though 15 Hours on the plane is a long time!

Thats funny Sunakard, I didn't realize that you had posted back to me in regards to the A/C solar situation. Thanks for your reply. Yea, I do have some solar panels RN. As I said, I am an Electrician, so as soon as I moved down there and started to melt like Frosty the Snowman, I immediatly put together a small set-up. Nothing (except beer and killer food) is cheap down there, so I have been building on it for years. That being said, and A/C unit draws quite a bit of amprage. Anywhere from 10 to 30 amps so you need a decent amount of solar panels up thereto generate that amount of current. But that is going to be one of the things that I am going to work on as soon as I get back down there. I can certainly get the lights and fans running off the panels right away that's for sure!

Thanks for the advice Bro!

MUDMAN ;)

A 150W will not be enough for a 2 x 2 space. You will need a 250W.

If you can afford it and because you can only have 3 plants, I thing you should buy a larger tent, a larger light, and let them veg longer so that you can get some kind of decent harvest. It is going to take 4-5 months to go from seed to harvest--how much can you smoke in 4-5 months? I would figure need and then design a grow space that will supply what you need.

The Hemp Goddess said:
A 150W will not be enough for a 2 x 2 space. You will need a 250W.

If you can afford it and because you can only have 3 plants, I thing you should buy a larger tent, a larger light, and let them veg longer so that you can get some kind of decent harvest. It is going to take 4-5 months to go from seed to harvest--how much can you smoke in 4-5 months? I would figure need and then design a grow space that will supply what you need.
Thanks Goddess, I was basically thinking about downsizing the light just to keep the heat down, but your right, I need to go as big as I can since I am limited to only 3 plants. I was told to check out the 4x4x7 tents...that sounds like a pretty good size to start. Bigger than that would be more than 3 plants anyway....Unless I grew JACK AND THE BEANSTALK KUSH. :eek: 3 Meters high...

My biggest governing factor is really going to be my ability to strike a balance between light / heat / cooling.

Thanks for the heads up. MUD. :cool:

If you go to the larger tent you are going to have to go with a larger light also. I myself run a 400 watt mh/hps for 2 X 3 which I think is plenty. Keeping the heat down when I am running the mh requires an ac unit in summer, open window in winter where I am. The hps does not run as hot.

Latest posts

Back