Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollItUp420

RASTA
Reaction score
ok i have 2 seedlings that have been sprouted for about 5 days now and have a few questions..... One of the plants is a bit taller than the other one but they both sprouted the same day.. why is that?? also the top leafs on the plant differ form each other... take a look... this ones leafs are kinda jagged while these leafs are sorta rounded with not that many edges or whatever... ok... moving on.... the taller plant is leanin a little bit.. how do i get it to stand straight up?? When can i start adding plant food?? when should i transplant out of those small jars?? how do i get the plant to be really thicc with alot of leaves and branches?? can some PLEASE help me??

EDIT
Site Rules<--"click"
7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as eight pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them.

Reading here will help You...there is a wealth of learning to do, read read read. You will become educated and the plants will love you for it.
1. reason they may be different..........how bout, do you have a brother? does he look identical to you? genetics determine how something grows. all seeds are the combination of two plants, some might show more like the mother, some more like the father.
2. one taller than the other? see above
3. roots do not like light so i suggest get them out of those clear containers at some point, and they will need some kind of drainage so you dont drown them.
4. READ Up on this growing thing, reading will answer Your questions.

Roll

Do as tcbud says :)

Ps. the pictures your showing are perfectly natural, wait till the next set of leaf appears and you will see a difference again, perfectly normal.

Can you answer why some people grow faster than others? Its genetics... What treatment and changes will work for one plant may not work for them all. Every plant is different. Phototropism is what causes a plant to lean either into the light or away. Try and rotate your plants in orientation to the light source about a 1/4 turn every couple of days...

so if the plant is leaning towards the light, i should turn it to where its leaning away from the light?

I've never been too worried about tall stems.
When I pot on, I like to plant deep.
So that the cotyledon leaves are about 1" above the compost.

TC Bud has got it right.
Read, read, read.

I still go back to my old books from time to time.
Be prepared, like a boy scout.
Its better too be looking at
compost
fertiliser
pots
perlite
vermiculite
ph test kit
etc etc

Than too be caught short, when the shops may be shut.

Lessons learnt from 1 grow to the next help gain experience.

Good luck with your grow.

@+

Hi there. Welcome to MP. Make sure to do your research. You definitely need to read, read, read. If you spend a couple hours reading, it will answer most of these basic questions that you are having. If you have any other questions that you can't find the answers to, we are more than willing to help you out. It's a commitment. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

yes they are definiately too far from the light source, is it possible to get more dirt surrounding those really strecthed stems. I ususally like to bury my stems up to the cotyledon, I find that the "stem" underneath the cotyledon's, does not really like being stem and would much rather be covered with soil.

massproducer said:
yes they are definiately too far from the light source, is it possible to get more dirt surrounding those really strecthed stems.
THE LIGHT HAS NEVER BEEN MORE THAN AN INCH AWAY FROM BOTH OF MY PLANTS.. LAST NIGHT I TRANSPLANTED OUT OF THOSE JARS INTO 2 LITER BOTTLES AND I PUT PEBBLES AT THE BOTTOM AND POKED SUM HOLES IN THE BOTTLE.. WHEN I WAS TRANSPLANTING THOUGH, I WAS TAKIN THE PLANTS OUT OF THE GLASS JARS AND THE DIRT JUST CRUMBLED AWAY RESULTING IN ME BENDING THE STEMS PRETTY BAD... I BUILT UP ALOT OF DIRT AROUND BOTH OF EM.. THE TALL ONE IS DOING FINE BECAUSE IT BENT MORE TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE STEM SO ITS STANDIN PRETTY STRONG BUT THE SMALLER ONE WAS BENT MORE AT THE TOP AND STILL LEANS ALOT.... CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF MY BABYS R GOIN TO BE FINE?? ALSO I PLANTED SUM MORE SEEDS TODAY.. IN ONE OF THE POTS ITS FULL OF SOIL AND I SPRINKLED A LITTLE BIT OF K-GROW PLANT FOOD (15-30-15).. IN ANOTHER POT ITS NOTHIN BUT THE K-GROW PLANT FOOD WIT A TAD BIT OF WATER SO ITS NOT TOO RUNNY... THE LAST ONE IS JUST DIRT WITH A LITTLE BIT ON FINE MARIJUANA MIXED IN.... I AM JUST EXPERIMENTING WITH THESE THREE SEEDS AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN.... BUT THATS WHY I HAVE U GUYS TO TELL ME... RIGHT?

These guys got u covered R420. And remember researching requires more than just looking at the pretty colored pictures.

i do have a fan... its a window fan that has two fans on it... its on low right now and its bout 1 1/2 feet away from the plants

ok.. my plant is gettin pretty big now. its been bout 3 weeks since its sprouted... but its damaged and dont kno why.. the first leaves that da plant made are completely dead. the next two leaves are shriveling up. one of them is turnin dark green kind of looking blue and the other one is turnin yellow and shrinking. also on a few of the leaves it has a kind of white lookin stuff on them. kinda looks like powder. can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my baby and wat i can do to save it please?

Latest posts

Back