Please Helppppp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24/7 stoner

:doh: Hey I really need some advice. i heard that the more dark time you have in the dark during the budding cycle the bigger the buds will be. last time i did the normal 12 on 12 off. this time i took advice from someone and i have them in 18 of dark and 6 of light,and if you can do why havent i red that before. is there any disadvantages or benifits to doing this. Please tell me what you would do.

you got some bad advice. The plants grow because of LIGHT, not because of DARKNESS.

-SSF-

Wow, that was some BAD advise. Even running a 10/14 light/dark cycle can give you 50% less bud. Get your plants on a 12/12.

OGKushman said:
:yeahthat:
Thanks for that I thought it sounded kinda funked up but i try anything for more bud.I just thought it made sense cause you cut off light to get bud! What a dumb ***. Its been on about 16 dark and 8 light for to weeks. Should i just hurry up and switch it back?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Wow, that was some BAD advise. Even running a 10/14 light/dark cycle can give you 50% less bud. Get your plants on a 12/12.
ya i thought it sounded like a bad idea. he said he did that aand got buds as big as his arm,so i wanted to give it a try but dont want to lose 4 plants. U think i should hurry up and get it back to 12/12/

yes.

problem is..where do you add the 4 hours...id think to keep start time same and just add 4 hours to end of cycle

OGKushman said:
yes.

problem is..where do you add the 4 hours...id think to keep start time same and just add 4 hours to end of cycle
it was 4 am on 10 am off, thats 6 on and 18 off. so ya thats what i did now there off at 4 pm. back to 12/12. Hope i didnt mess them up to bad that would stink:confused:

24/7 stoner said:
it was 4 am on 10 am off, thats 6 on and 18 off. so ya thats what i did now there off at 4 pm. back to 12/12. Hope i didnt mess them up to bad that would stink:confused:

Well you said you only had them on that light cycle for two weeks. The first 2-3 weeks of flowering are pretty much devoted to stretch and plant growth with the rest of flower devoted to bud growth. I would say you are probably going to be ok, may have hurt your final yield a little but the plants should be fine.

-SSF-

Your plants will be happier.

So what happened with 6 hours of light? I would really like to see pictures.

OGKushman said:
Your plants will be happier.

So what happened with 6 hours of light? I would really like to see pictures.
they really didnt seem to do much with only six hours. my first time of growing(this is only my second) they seemed further along at 2 weeks last time. ill try to get some pics up and let ya know how they grow now:)

Latest posts

Back