Police Scanner Thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IRISH

i'm sure i'm not the only one who listens to a scanner daily? we've always had a home base realistic. prolly 15 years. my 'lil woman bought me a new one for x-mas.:) . bless her heart.

it is a nice one. or, at least nicer than the realistic. my new scanner is a bct8 uniden, with bear tracker warning system(this feature is unique), trunk tracker 3 technology(state popo), 250 channels...

this is how the bear tracker warning system works, if a state police cruiser comes within 3 miles of my scanner, a warning light will light up bright red, and beep twice. it will stay lit for 3 minutes, until he is 3 miles away before it goes off. now , heres the cool part. if a second cruiser enters that same 3 mile zone, while the light is still lit, it will beep loud once again, after the initial two beeps of the first cruiser. so , each cruiser will beep once, alerting me it's fixing to hit the fan...and i have three minutes...:hubba: :cool: ...

i remember settting by the first one i got forever trying to pinpoint who was who, and where, and which counties...right now, i am picking up as far as 100 miles all around me...

this new one has police, air, weather, news, fire, ems, ham radio, cb's, military land mobile, nascar, dot, highway patrol, public service annoucements...

this is how we heard about 30 suicide attempts in just my area of 30 miles in the week before x-mas, and week after...i guess that holiday is depressing to some folks...

i've always felt i had the one up if the popo was on thier way. my luck, i'd prolly have it off...but then again, one of my bro's got popped for cultivation a minute ago, and they came in silent, on a silent observer tip, so they said...silent observer to y'all don't know, is another word for snitch. we'll pay you if the info turns out for real, and a bust is made off that tip...so ya really gotta know who's in your circle brothers, for real.i use to preach stealth real hard on here, then i got jacked, and i did'nt feel worthy of standing on that box anymore, ya know?...

another nice feature is its ac/dc, so i can mount it in my ride if i want, but i'm not really that hard core into it...if i'm working on my ride out back, this is alright...(it takes everything now to concentrate on the drunks. they passed a state law here not long ago to where the bars can remain open until 4 am.:eek: )...i knew we were in financial trouble but dam...

any more scanner groupies out there???...

how much does something like that cost Irish? My problem would be that I have a state post within 3 miles of my house...lol...that thing would be going off all the time. I have heard in the past that most cultivation busts are under the radar, no traffic until after it's done...except for the flying ops where they are just fishing...but that could be bull to for all I know got a couple friends that have told me this.

Best bet is I have no circle...no one knows when I'm going to score, they all think I know a couple people that grow, and I tell them that the people don't tell me nothing they just show up with it when it's done. That saves me haveing to hear..."have you heard anything yet?" all the time...my select few that get gifted know that it will come around 3 to 4 times a yr...and they know a general time ...NO one..except my girlfriend who lives with me has seen my grow, and I don't admit it to anyone...even though a few suspect.

I've use a scanner IRISH now and then. I had the Realistic Radio Shack 300 ch.hand held...Then someone liked it better then me. Damn that makes me mad. I saw a 15ch one at a yard sale for $10.00. Small towns it picks up most everything I'd need. Doesn't make me feel any safer though 'cause my grow is totally legal. I'm to old for that trip. Peace out

legalize_freedom said:
Best bet is I have no circle...no one knows when I'm going to score, they all think I know a couple people that grow, and I tell them that the people don't tell me nothing they just show up with it when it's done. That saves me haveing to hear..."have you heard anything yet?" all the time...my select few that get gifted know that it will come around 3 to 4 times a yr...and they know a general time ...NO one..except my girlfriend who lives with me has seen my grow, and I don't admit it to anyone...even though a few suspect.

Admit what?:rolleyes:
Only my OL knows and I am constantly showing her my chipper and all that lime I have.

Keep it Quite.
Keep it simple

Enjoy Irish may it never Beep

Best Wishes
"P"

having a popo scanner makes me stay on top of my game as to what i would do if there was that one time they were hot for me. i have a plan. i figure i have three minutes tops now, so thats something to work with...

you may say , ' why not just get a card, and become legal'? i have tried, and all the dr's say thier hands are tied, and thier 'not allowed' to sign recs...buncha puppets...so i got what i got. i been doing it the same way over 30 years, and still learn new tricks all the time...;)

I never have, but last night I saw there was an ap for that on my iphone, no joke.

I think its a great idea but I dont know what 3 min is going to do. I cant hide everything in 3 min. Fire? JK

imo i would think that if dea of leo or anyone was gonna coem raid you or anyone taht a= for as common as scanners are that they wouldnt take chance and would more than likely scramble all communication and/or communicate on a secured channel which you nor your scanner can pick up even if you stood on your roof wit it up high wit clear skies even.
im not certain on this but i do know that i have uniden thas pretty dang decent. i never use it no more cuz all the cops round here locally all got into some new radio system and you'll hear liek the transmission begin for a breif second or two and then whenever they're talkin all ypu hear is this buzzing noise.
i thought it was teh scanner so went an returned it and radio shack i went to to find a better one and tehy told me taht alot of police are goin to secured channels or scrambling their signal or some mumbo jumbo like taht. so i just went back to other place and re bought teh same one again LOL.
its not an old one either. i got it new liek 5 months ago so idk wats up :confused2:

I think its a great idea but I dont know what 3 min is going to do. I cant hide everything in 3 min. Fire? JK
:yeahthat: if all i gots is 3 minutes im a spend my last 3 minutes smokin much my stash as i possible can and emjoy my stay in the free county motel for the first day anyway LOL
there is absolutely no flippin way in this world even if i had 15 minute warning i doubt i would be able to secure my fort to withstand leo walkin thru wit a warrant and leave empty handed.

3 minuets........Just enough time to grab a big bag of seeds and head for the woods.

cubby said:
3 minuets........Just enough time to grab a big bag of seeds and head for the woods.

LMAO....thats some funny (word for fecal matter)

NICE...

PLEASE give me a heads up... send a PM if you hear on the scanner that the po po are heading to my pad...:hubba:

:holysheep:

My scanner stays on... I like to at least know where they are at. In my neck of the woods LEO does not care about my growing or smokin' for that matter. But they will nail yer you know what to the wall if you are selling. I have had them come sit on my porch with a roach and a smoldering joint in plain sight, the Sheriff just explained to me as long as I am not selling weed, and I am not bothering anyone he could care less. He also told me that if a neighbor complained he would have to do something. So I am really fortunate there. It's a small town, everyone knows that I had my neck and back broke and I smoke weed. It helps soooo much with those nerve pains and everyone knows it. So nobody says anything, exept the old folks in the neighborhood. My favorite is "my arthiritis is really botherin' me, do you have one of those cigarettes. I'll pay you for it."

Texas overall treats MJ like other drugs that are harmful. Just here locally do they not care. We have a completely new government here, after the election the new Sherriff and constable came by the house. Actually chasin my kids. They were riding there dirt bikes in the neighborhood. They just popped up in my driveway when I was in the middle of a joint! Thats when they gave me the spill about as long as it did'nt bother the neighbors and I was'nt selling, they could care less... We drank a glass of iced tea on my porch, and laughed about the things kids do for a good 30 min. I ended up selling them both some fish. I am a commercial fisherman, and sell alot of fish to all the volunteer fire departments around here as well as the LEO for there fish fryies. Both of them still stop by every now and then always really friendly.

Latest posts

Back