Poll on marijuna ethics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parenting, Marijuana

• I will not let my children smoke Marijuana

• I would rather they did'nt smoke or know about it

• I will roll them their first joint and smoke it together

• I would give them the facts and let them decide

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonUndertow

Passionate Grower
Reaction score
I got serious issues with my old man over my marijuana smoking and I was wondering,
If you have kids, or if you might someday have kids, would you introduce them to MJ? Would you rather they didn't smoke or know about? Or would you give them the facts and let them decide?

I guess it depends on the age of the kid.

My oldest is 11 right now. And I'd like to think he's unaware of my use. But I bet he has his suspicions.

If I have my way, I'd rather him not smoke anything til he's atleast 18. (I started smoking cigs and mj at 15) But if he ever questions me I will give him the facts. I get quite frusterated with DARE and what they are taught in school, but then again I don't want to contradict it all and have him be confused on what/who to believe.

So I am really no help, and I look forward to seeing the replies you get. I am kind of at a standstill and could use the opinions of other parents that have been thru it.

I also must add that my hubby is very straight laced, doesn't smoke, doesnt drink. So I must respect him in that regard too.

My old man has a PHD, imagine what I went through every time I came home stoned. After 5 years he still thinks I'm wrong and he is right. MJ is what made me move out to a cramp apartment (good thing it has a basment). He is suposed to be governed by common sense not by what he see's on TV, " you'r a man of science for crying out loud " was heard alot back then. Personaly I think parents are not eligible to decide on this mater since their emotion is stronger than their power of reason.

I'll never forget the day my kids came home with homework in the 2nd grade. This is a smoker's lung - color it black. This is a marijuana leaf - color it green and call the safety officer if you see it. SM is right - it depends on the age. My facts are - I'd rather they smoke mj than drink. I always know (knew) where my bottom line is (was) :D. These are the battles I fought:

- teen pregnancy
- drinking and driving
- drugs other than mj

Everything else was negotiable.

well im a parent and my 2 eldest children know i grow and smoke ,,,my eldest is coming up to 16 ,,they know why i do and they know the true facts about mj ,not what is leart in schools ,,,
but ,,,,,personally i wouldnt feel comfy smoking with my children or ever encourage them to use ,, untill they have left home are well into adulthood living and making there own way and choices in ,life ,then when and if they decide to smoke i would quite happily roll and share a joint with my adult child ,,jmo :peace:,

It depends... Im not gonna lie if I have a girl, Im not gonna let her do anything. Haha thats just how I feel for some reason.

i've been to the DARE program at jr. high school with my 11 year old step son. let me tell you, it was'nt pretty. i lost my cool (if i ever really had it on this issue).

being i was already in a shaky marriage, i felt it was time to speak my peace. i did not disrupt the lesson inside the school. i did in the parking lot. my anger at the po po came out that day.

they were holding the DARE seminar in the middle school auditorium. they were simply looking for busts. or trolling.

i took my step son home. i went back to the school. and unleashed my anger towards 3 dare officers. they did not want to clash wits on the subject with me. they had busts to go make.

every kid that raised thier hand that day when asked the specific questions about cultivation, and, or smoking Mj, was taken to the rear of the auditorium, for further questioning. (what happened to our rights here? on no questioning our children without parent approval first?).

what the kids were not told, is what was about to happen to thier home life. (mommy, and daddy are going to jail. and you'll be going to live with people you never met before today.)...

how the ll is this supposed to help? (getting hard to not lose it here)...

well, i just so happened to be the coach at this schools baseball , and assistant coach to several other sports activities. being in this position, i knew some of these other parents on a personnal level. i had home phone numbers, and emergency work numbers.

i knew almost every child who raised thier hand that day. see where this is going? when i went home with my step son, i called these folks at thier emergency numbers. was a hard explanation, but they got the point. "clean house, or thier coming to do it as we speak..."

i got the wink, wink, nod, nod from these parents at later sporting events.

hide your grow well from your children. they will not lie for you in the face of an authority figure such as a leo. especially, since you 'taught them' not to. and i don't care what you think you may know, your teen knows more. proven fact eh?...bb... end rant...

:yeahthat:

1984 coming to life. It's disagree with turning parents against their own kids. I don't have kids so this is merely an opinion but from what I can see it is hard enough for alot of parents to get their kids to trust them without others making it harder.

-Trippy

I got 3. I had rather them not smoke or drink. I have had major problems with alcohol and pills as did my dad and both grandads so its in there gene's no doubt. If they did one I'd rather them smoke but I will love them and stand up for them no matter what they do.

I have 2 children, both grown and out of the house. I was quite involved in the mj scene when I was young, but quit smoking before my kids were born. While they were growing up, I denied my prior involvement with mj. When they had questions, we talked. When they got caught, we talked. Same talk whether it was mj, alcohol, or cigs. We were vehemently against the use of any drug (including alcohol). Our thoughts were they were too young to grasp the dangers and/or risks of what they were doing and essentially would be allowed to make their own decisions at age 18 (I didn't start smoking again till after they were 18). I like to think it worked, they're both doing very well. My older son reintroduced me to growing. The 3 of us will enjoy a bowl when we get together (wife no longer smokes), just as we do a beer.
So, I guess I was a hypocrite by denying smoking (while I had a drink in my hand), but I guess I didn't want to bias them. They have forgiven me for not being straight with them when they were younger. But, it is after all unfortunately still illegal. But no, unfortunately I started smoking with a buddy and had to come clean with them about everything. I guess my only regret on the issue is that I didn't allow them to (re)introduce me to the pleasure of smoking mj.
Banjo- I never saw that part of DARE, but I can understand your rage. My older son, who smokes much more than my younger son, was a rep for DARE- talking to younger kids. The leo he was involved with was actually a good guy and wasn't trying to pop any mommies or daddies. Probably smoked himself.

MJ is a very very old part of human culture, any one see the 6k year old guy they found frozen on the mt. he had Mj on him and wraps to roll it up and smoke it with.
it has always been here and it always will, i never hid it from my kids but i would sit them down and explaine to them the dangers the pros the conns and let them decide for them selfs. im kinda libral, i didnt force religon on them. i let them decide when they were old enough. i feel when you force your point of view on the young. they cant be what they were ment to be, sure teach em from wright and wrong but tell em why its wrong or right
if you program them and force them to conform to what you think the world is
or should be they wouldnt be them selfs any more would they? I would tell them on how the schools would try to trick them into giving up there parents to the man (i would deprogram the schools programing in a round about way)
any way dont force your views on your kids inform them feed them keep em safe and warm and let them grow up to be themselfs not mini u's......ok im done now......

Latest posts

Back