Your children and cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bribed mine. I told her back when she was pre high school that if she never smoked, drank alcohol, or did drugs of any sort, I'd buy her a brand spanking new car when she turned 16. She kept her end of the bargain, and I kept mine. Her birthday is in the tail end of January, so I told her we could get a car then, or if she was smart, she'd wait 'til spring. Little snot played it smart. Went to the Chevy dealer right after the last snow was gone and bought her the cutest little Cobalt with every bell and whistle you could get on it. She earned it. She got it.

I bribed mine. I told her back when she was pre high school that if she never smoked, drank alcohol, or did drugs of any sort, I'd buy her a brand spanking new car when she turned 16. She kept her end of the bargain, and I kept mine. Her birthday is in the tail end of January, so I told her we could get a car then, or if she was smart, she'd wait 'til spring. Little snot played it smart. Went to the Chevy dealer right after the last snow was gone and bought her the cutest little Cobalt with every bell and whistle you could get on it. She earned it. She got it.
I blame her parents ! Great job!

Looks like a cool car for her !
not sure of my fat ass fitting in it !
Good luck with it !

I kinda felt sorry for her. She was the only one in the student parking lot with a brand new car, so she acquired several acts of vandalism from the jealous punks. I always got it fixed. She drove that car for many years and then sold it off and bought her mom's Equinox that had a whopping 40K miles on it.
I like to keep my womenz in new or newer reliable vehicles. The idea of them being stranded on the side of the road scares me.

I would of had her peee tested to make sure ..bubba

I kinda felt sorry for her. She was the only one in the student parking lot with a brand new car, so she acquired several acts of vandalism from the jealous punks. I always got it fixed. She drove that car for many years and then sold it off and bought her mom's Equinox that had a whopping 40K miles on it.
I like to keep my womenz in new or newer reliable vehicles. The idea of them being stranded on the side of the road scares me.
Yes, that and I will have to go rescue so as they say, a pound of prevention....

Bubba

I would of had her peee tested to make sure ..bubba
Nope. The girl has never lied to me, and I trust her. I was always the Dutch uncle to her. I didn't mix any words. I shot straight and she appreciated it.
I think she was 12 when I overheard her talking to one of her friends on the phone about a sleepover they were having. After she hung up, I asked her if she hadn't been invited. She said she had but she knew I wouldn't let her. I told her to call her friend back and tell her that she'd be there. I also told her that if she screwed up, she'd be eating oatmeal and chained in the basement 'til she was 30. She believed me.

Nope. The girl has never lied to me, and I trust her. I was always the Dutch uncle to her. I didn't mix any words. I shot straight and she appreciated it.
I think she was 12 when I overheard her talking to one of her friends on the phone about a sleepover they were having. After she hung up, I asked her if she hadn't been invited. She said she had but she knew I wouldn't let her. I told her to call her friend back and tell her that she'd be there. I also told her that if she screwed up, she'd be eating oatmeal and chained in the basement 'til she was 30. She believed me.
scared the shit outta me Brother ......

What kinda oatmeal. I like Cinnamon and Brown sugar.🤪

When my kids were little I told them I was growing tomatoes if they ever caught a glimpse of my grow. but At 13 my oldest son asked me flat out..."Dad, do you grow weed?"
My first instinct was to lie to him ...I started to, but then I thought about it for half a second longer and I said yes.
Then I told him why I grow and that I'm helping family members with health issues that can be addressed by using the clean and quality cannabis that I could grow for them. I told him horror stories about buying from actual drug dealers who robbed the person buying weed, etc
I explained the legalities the best I could, and the danger of talking about it to other people, ie Thier friends might actually bring cops, theives, or overly conservative family members etc.
I asked if he thought it was a bad thing that I grew for our family and he told me no, it seems like a good thing that is illegal for no reason. He agreed to keep it just in our family and not to talk about with other people.
Our daughter broke up with her beau and moved back in with us for a while. She's not far from 30, and when she saw that I started growing a plant, she asked me if mom knew what it is. (My wife is a lifelong teetotaler).

Said I: "I told her it was a tomato plant".
Daughter: "She doesn't know what it is?"
I said: "She ain't stupid, hon."

But when the kid was a 'tweener, I kinda 'white lied' to her about weed. I told my wife on our first date that I smoked. Told her to call the cops if she didn't like it. She hasn't yet...but that was only 32 years ago. ;-)

Latest posts

Back