Possibly Mixed Neem Solution Too Strong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal454

Reaction score
Hey guys it has been a while.

I have babies about 12 inches. I spotted a few bugs so I decided to treat with Neem..

I kinda eyeballed the mix (I know I know)..
I poured maybe a few cap fulls of Neem into a spray bottle and a few drops of dish soap.
I sprayed and after spraying it burned my throat. That has never happened before. After it burning my throat I began to worry about my girls.

How can I rectify this??
I was thinking warm water and some dish soap.

I sprayed the Neem about an hour ago.

They are under T5's right now..

Thanks for the help.

I had this happen once. I just put the plant in the tub and tempered the water to room temp and turned the shower head on her for a second. Just make shure to try to get under the leaved aswell. Neem WILL burn/curl your leaves,if it is too strong. I held the pot and turned the plant so i could wash the sides and under leaves. It worked.

Thanks Sol..
Looks like I got it handled.

I rinsed with warm water and dish soap like 7 times and raised the light for the night..
Fingers crossed. They are looking good.

Man I remember coming here and getting 15 replies in an hour..lol

yeah its not as traveled anymore..site has many issues that detour folks away...I dont care for neem oil myself...nasty film it leaves on and stinks...I use azamax...comes with a premesured thingy so cant over do:aok:

take care and be safe

Ahhh Yes...I see the premeasuring spout. I like that. Thank you.

Neem does stink..I used to kinda like it but not anymore. Especially after last night. The tent is where I sleep and I woke up in the middle of the night with that Neem taste in my throat..It is horrible. I am sure it cannot be good for me either. I fired up the exhaust right away. I guess I should have done that allot sooner.

Thanks again. I will pick some up.

I kinda eyeballed the mix (I know I know)..
I poured maybe a few cap fulls of Neem into a spray bottle and a few drops of dish soap.
I sprayed and after spraying it burned my throat. That has never happened before. After it burning my throat I began to worry about my girls.

I can relate to the eyeballed and a few capfuls. :hubba: I am sure your girl will pull through just fine. It seems like most of the damage is done when you try to fix a boo boo.

Back