Post Your Ride Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently I'm driving the "Axima" .. the M is missing. been waiting for a Toyota 4runner to get rebuilt and it's worth
waiting for... plus he's loaned me a car to drive while we await the heads to be redone and of course all the machine shops are slammed... been 3wks already waiting... ugh.. *** right? but I've priced other vehicles and no way I can
get this deal anywhere else... hopefully next week I'll be driving it....
Maximas are fun. 0-60 in a bit over six seconds isn't slow.

This was the first car I owned, I was 18. The 1947 Morris 10-4. It had a sunroof and a wind-up windscreen but no heater. 1200cc OHV motor, it would just about top 75mph. I paid ten quid for it.
104.jpg

Another of the rides. This one with two wheels. First owner got himself killed on it. Overcooked it on a fast bend and went into a steel railing. I ended up in casualty myself, too, after crashing it on a tight bend. The bike was so light and had so much power it was really dangerous. Would spin to 14,000. This one is different from mine, which had disk brakes and a custom Duralumin fork brace. The RD200.
Yamaha-RD200-New.jpg

Here's another of my rides. Ford Aerostar minivan. I had two of these. Transmissions were a bit weak, cooling system also. With all the rear seats out, it was very useful for hauling stuff around.
aerostar.jpg

Here's another of my rides. Ford Aerostar minivan. I had two of these. Transmissions were a bit weak, cooling system also. With all the rear seats out, it was very useful for hauling stuff around.
View attachment 271615
I was driving this from Dallas to Tampico in midsummer, and the aircon failed in the middle of the journey in a mountain zone where there was bu**er all, hardly any vehicles either. Practically melting down, I spied a roadside shack selling cold drinks. I began gulping my first one and said to the vendor, an old Mexican guy, "There is hardly any traffic on the road." He looked me in the eye and said, "Only crazy people come out on days like this, señor."

A Rocket with 4 wheels to go fishing and to have Fun😤
but I am carful with the rocket but wide open all day
I am very scar of hospitals with the covid so I slow down
just a bit to have fun and not to go at the hospitals

Yamaha Raptor 700R Special Edition....🤕
DSC01206.JPG
DSC01215.JPG

The fastest Man I saw on one wheel....132.7mph in 9.1sec on
the 1)4 mille....reaction time 0.091....best reaction time 0.013
Smoke is very fast on the start....I never saw someone closes
to beat my record so it a word record on one wheel
I have 60 foots at the start to put my bike on a wheely
after I shift 4 gears to finish the 1)4 mille at 132.7mph

Not A Joke.... 👿😤👿
P1570738.JPG
P1570768.JPG
P1570760.JPG
P1570756.JPG

Passing The Speed Trap at 132.7MPH....:angiesfavorite:
P1570788.JPG

With A Suzuki GSXR 1100 SuperBike....:cool:
P1570752.JPG
P1570808_LI.jpg

2021 Pa Cannabis Festival. Hope we leaglaize this year. Marching on the state capitol 4-20 for legalization and medical patients to grow. Can see the legalization of recreational money to be made in it.
IMG_20210416_195929447.jpg

I had me a 69mTR6 fast car
Fun
View attachment 271790
I had one in the same colour. I modded the overdrive so it worked on all forward gears. There was a guy with a 3L Ford Capri who tried to outrace me on the straight. What fun when he had to change into top gear, and I clicked the switch on the top of the gear lever and ran past him in overdrive third! I put a 150 watt linear amp into the car and with my Tristar 747 CB, I could chat to US truckers from the UK. The car handled poorly at low speeds but came alive when really pushed. Issues:
1. The Lucas fuel injection. The settings needed constant retuning and the nozzles often blocked.
2. The crank, though of aircraft spec. steel, was too slender, causing flexing and early failure of the big end and main bearings.
3. When on 'full chat' the half shafts would lock, causing a left-right steering jump with gear changes.
Otherwise it was one of the most enjoyable sports cars I had and a real pleasure to drive quickly.

I had one in the same colour. I modded the overdrive so it worked on all forward gears. There was a guy with a 3L Ford Capri who tried to outrace me on the straight. What fun when he had to change into top gear, and I clicked the switch on the top of the gear lever and ran past him in overdrive third! I put a 150 watt linear amp into the car and with my Tristar 747 CB, I could chat to US truckers from the UK. The car handled poorly at low speeds but came alive when really pushed. Issues:
1. The Lucas fuel injection. The settings needed constant retuning and the nozzles often blocked.
2. The crank, though of aircraft spec. steel, was too slender, causing flexing and early failure of the big end and main bearings.
3. When on 'full chat' the half shafts would lock, causing a left-right steering jump with gear changes.
Otherwise it was one of the most enjoyable sports cars I had and a real pleasure to drive quickly.

The TR6 had to be one of the most enjoyed car I owned Thanks for the memories.

Who are you leafminer... Dirk Pitt... haha.. character from some of my favorite novels by Clive Cussler..

Test... anyone tell me what this is... my buddy out in Vegas owns it..

My 1st car was $200, 1970 Ford Maverick... puke yellow, straight gutless 6 banger.. Next in high school...

1974 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham, aka: The Tuna Boat. I gave 6 girls a ride to school daily in it... that

sled ran the qrtr mile in 22 secs.. think about that.. stock 440, stock holly 4brl. what a fun year with her....

Next up was the 69 GTO 400/400 ... and on and on...

So looking forward to our 4runner though... cheers
100_0017 (2).JPG
100_0018 (2).JPG
100_0019 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Back