Posting Pot Pictures Lands Man In Jail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Police said it was the photos of marijuana plants he posted on the Internet that got him busted.

Justin Bauder, 21, of Jacksonville, was arrested Wednesday and charged with cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and public nuisance.

Police said they got a tip that someone calling himself Sticky Mango had posted pictures on a Web site of the five marijuana plants he was growing. According to the police report, he also posted step-by-step instructions on how to construct an indoor grow room.

When officers learned that Sticky Mango was Bauder and searched his apartment, they said they found one marijuana plant growing in a closet, along with packaged marijuana, loose buds, a bong, a pipe and a scale.

The arrest report says Bauder admitted he had been growing the marijuana plants for about two months.

Side Note: I think the site in question is Rollitup.org

hxxp://tinyurl.com/ya7zgjd

Thanks FB. I remeber something like that not too long ago with one of these sites. Can't remember which one. I know were secure but still what if? How did this guy get popped and not the whole site? Just Questions that linger in my head.

I'm thinking the same thing Chef, it would be pretty scary if the whole site is compromised, maybe someone from hes local area know of the nickname he used and done him in.

I'm also wondering how many other sites he posted on too. I know we all take a risk but what makes him different? Did he lack in the brains department?

IMO...so many people post pics they are excited about..and dont relize the information they gave in the backround...heck not long ago here on this site someone posted a link to they youtube video on they new grow..and I mentioned I could see address and name on the boxes in the backround, and i aint even computer smart..another one comes to mind is people posted out door grows and they car in in pic with plate # right there :doh:.. and I bet people on this site have been popped cause they posted personal crap...is why ya see some members not here and all they posts gone..because they requested more then not...

Just my thaughts...

thanks Fruity:48:

I'm betting this bust was not the rsult of his postings, but rather someone in his personal life ratted him out. Someone told the cops about this guys grow and then showed them the internet posting as proof. It's S.O.P. to neglect to mention an informants involvement so they can use the same rat multiple times. The converse is also true, the cops will claim to be following a "confidential informants" lead in order to subvert the constitution and our basic rights.

4u2sm0ke said:
...is why ya see some members not here and all they posts gone..because they requested more then not...Just my thaughts...thanks Fruity

Exactly, Keep your personal info just that, PERSONAL!
Call it Paranoia? I call it "Raking the sandtrap afterwards".
When I do my yearly "theoretical" grow, when done, after about 3 months it's deleted.
Been a member for over 3 years. Back up to 65 posts, yet I've been thanked 529 times in 256 posts, quite the paradox.

Just remember, if you start a thread, all you have to do is delete
the first one, all the rest of the thread (everybody's) gets deleted too.

hxxp://www.rollitup.org/grow-journals/246891-stickys-mango-grow.html

i think this the dude maybe :confused2: just googled sticky mango marijuana an got this...

Holy cow! I just saw that post they are talking about on another forum YESTERDAY. Luckily I don't post on said forum, I just stumbled upon it after searching "mango grow journal" on yahoo.

ha i have local grower friends on that site never been on it myself but there might be a pic or 2 of my stuff.

zipflip said:
hxxp://www.rollitup.org/grow-journals/246891-stickys-mango-grow.html

i think this the dude maybe :confused2: just googled sticky mango marijuana an got this...

That is definatly scarey. Gonna go do some googling.

tcbud said:
That is definatly scarey. Gonna go do some googling.

I regularly google my real name and my screen names just to see what shows up .... the problem with using the same screen name on several different types of forums is that you might tend to post your pic and real time info in another legal interest forum that can help the cops tie it all in together... but this Mango even posted his hometown in his profile.... sorta dumb even thought I tend to believe it took more than the forum pics and profile to pop him...... I noticed on one of his guests comments they were discussing living in FL.

Here in my area they have full time officers who spend hrs on line with fake profiles trying to nab sexual predators. It's not a stretch to assume they would try the same to catch a grower where it's illegal.

It's not a stretch to assume they would try the same to catch a grower where it's illegal.
ahhh its always reassuring seeing our tax dollars hard at work. (sarcasm)

If you read all through the post...it says on October 25th...he walked into his APARTMENT and it smelled real bad...

maybe thats how he got busted

I have to give kudo's where kudo's are deserved. Fruity Bud.

...Kudo's FB! :goodposting:

And I am so not going to post any pics. I've been deliberating it since I registered here and @ the Doc's old site and this news item has pretty much nailed that dwn 4 me. w/o cannabis i am still acutely paranoid (thats why i'm growin Indica's atm...lol) and have even wondered about these and other forums security.

More then one of my computer geek friends has cautioned me that "Proxies r nothing...if someone wants to find you, there's always a better hack out there."

Much Peace, Love and Security,

7greeneyes - :(

P.S. if some boner fide computer smarties can assuage my paranoia and tell me more about the security protocols here then I'd love to show my Cannaenthusiasts here what I got goin on (as meager as it is...).

P.P.S. NOT TO HIJACK BUT...Are there any identifying markers embedded w/in flatbed scanner image formats...cuz I have a flatbed scanner and could upload that way...I've just heard that cell phones have embedded info w/in their photo file formats, so...Anywhoo...

l8trs!

i told the few peeps who knew about my growing that i had to "quit".

I think a cautionary tale like this is good to read every once in a while. I started out super paranoid, but the more I grew, the more I posted on here, I relaxed a little. I even told my next door neighbor (who smokes) and immediately regretted it.

Since then, I've told the neighbor it's just too risky and that I just had that one grow.

You can never be too careful.

AG

I can just about guarantee you that there is 'more' to the story than simply posting pictures of a couple of plants.. He either posted incriminating photos that identified himself locally "in the pictures" and was recognized and/or snitched out, or was a victim of snitch in some other form/manner.
There are over 8,000 photos in our gallery. How many of those have been busted "because of their photos"? to my knowlwdge.. "0"..

Hick said:
I can just about guarantee you that there is 'more' to the story than simply posting pictures of a couple of plants.. He either posted incriminating photos that identified himself locally "in the pictures" and was recognized and/or snitched out, or was a victim of snitch in some other form/manner.
There are over 8,000 photos in our gallery. How many of those have been busted "because of their photos"? to my knowlwdge.. "0"..

:yeahthat: Except the occasional facebook/myspace page bust or youtube vid where the guy shows his face or something This is the first bust i ever read of like this. This says it all right here:
Police said they got a tip that someone calling himself Sticky Mango had posted pictures on a Web site

Latest posts

Back