Pot City, USA on A&E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
Intervention: Intervention In-Depth: Pot City, USA[/COLOR]

Monday, October 19 9:00pm EST

A lot of people think that Humboldt County in northern California is an American paradise. Small towns in the county like Arcata look like they've been plucked right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. But the town has a dirty little secret--law enforcement officials say that over 1,000 homes there may be growing marijuana illegally. Capt. Mark Chapman and the Humboldt County Drug Task Force are determined to take back the town, house by house. Our cameras follow as they make busts and fly over forestlands searching for hidden marijuana groves.

I guess i hve something to watch on tv tomorrow night...

I always tape and watch intervention a&e has some great shows..thanks for the heads up green!

I cant stand that intervention show, it reminds me of myself about nine years ago. I seriously can not watch that show, it kills me.

But I will be watching at 9 tomorrow.

we use to get dime bags at eldorado park that was from humbolt co -- it was always good --- i remember an oriental guy jumping up and down with a dime bag in his hand saying humbolt humbolt humbolt , funniest thing i ever saw

Yeah, I expect that I will be checking that one out. Kinda interested in how that FLIR thing works. I kinda wish we had an area talking about how to defeat those kinds of things.

Yep-I'm gonna watch it-caught previews last night-I smell propaganda however.

Thanks for the heads-up about the show, but frankly, it sounds like another episode of "Lets scare everyone about Marijuana".

I have no desire to watch more cop sponsored scare tactics of cops beating in doors, busting people and talking about how evil Marijuana is.

For an hour, they are going to spout every exaggerated claim that cops use to make weed sound like it's the worst thing on the planet.

The more people tune in, the more the TV stations will think that type of programming is really, really wanted.

The more people who tune in, the more leverage the cops have later when they say "So many people are against Marijuana that every time we have a show about putting them in prison, it's a #1 show with record breaking viewers.

It's like feeding table scraps to a lion standing in your living room. Keep feeding him and when you're out of scraps, he's gonna eat YOU.

Thanks again, but I'll pass. I am not feeding the lion or the pigs.

StoneyBud said:
Thanks for the heads-up about the show, but frankly, it sounds like another episode of "Lets scare everyone about Marijuana".

I have no desire to watch more cop sponsored scare tactics of cops beating in doors, busting people and talking about how evil Marijuana is.

Thanks again, but I'll pass. I am not feeding the lion or the pigs.

Lots of propaganda, true. An uninformed viewer will probably believe what they see. But for folks who have been around Humboldt and know what its really like its kinda hilarious to watch these pigs on a wild goose chase to win their "war on drugs"

greenfriend said:
Lots of propaganda, true. An uninformed viewer will probably believe what they see. But for folks who have been around Humboldt and know what its really like its kinda hilarious to watch these pigs on a wild goose chase to win their "war on drugs"
Pigs on a goose chase....now that's funny! That image is locked into my head now...hehe

When I was down in Humboldt this person was took for $190.000.00 by police. That's no goose chase my friend. Probably chump change, but...

To bad that we have to keep a look out posted in the land of the free.

Funny the typical drug dealer with pitbulls..... I have two that I have rescued they would attack you with kisses. I hate these shows.

I watched a piece of the show.
When the guy was like, "Look how slow my power meter spins."
Then goes next door and, "Now look how fast my neighbors power meter spins."

Id have him arrested for trespassing or something. Yell out the door, "You think that meter is fast, watch what lead can do." lol

I live in Mckinleyville, about 1 minute from Arcata. 1000 homes? Try 10,000 homes. And I think it's Capt Tom Chapman. We used to play poker together...lol

So sad about the single dad with cancer and the autistic son with no one to take care of him...:( :cry:

i walked in, and gf was watching it earlier tonight. i walked in on the part where some guy was bellyachin' about grow houses up, and down his street to the city council. he was ranting on how thier all drug dealers, and a council woman told him she heard enough from him , and to sit down cause she was talking now. she said we've heard enough of the garbage your spewing, you keep saying dealers, and all we see are sick people getting thier medicine.:D :cool: ... go girl...

I watched part of it, but could not stomach it and had to turn it off...propaganda is probably a nice term to use. I can think of some stronger words that I would like to use, but they would be *****'d out.

didn't see it, but heard basically what y'all are saying, bunch of lame ** propaganda.
why can't they ever show films like 'the union' on tv?.. something fact based.

Latest posts

Back