Pot City, USA on A&E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to disagree I didnt think it was lame or proaganda...1000 out of 7000 houses is a lot of grow huts and some are so damaged after a grow they have to be torn down...that is fact. the people growing there arent like the most of us..they destroy everything and then leave it for others to clean up..the fact that the home prices have been raised is also interesting..ya there was some whining from non growers but a lot of it was legit. I would be upset if someone was tortured 6 houses down from me over pot...Just saying..

2Dog said:
So sad about the single dad with cancer and the autistic son with no one to take care of him...:( :cry:

That part really hit a heartstring with me as well. That dispensary has my respect for giving out free medicine to men like him, and a veteran no less, who really are in difficult situations.

2Dog said:
I have to disagree I didnt think it was lame or proaganda...1000 out of 7000 houses is a lot of grow huts and some are so damaged after a grow they have to be torn down...that is fact. the people growing there arent like the most of us..they destroy everything and then leave it for others to clean up..the fact that the home prices have been raised is also interesting..ya there was some whining from non growers but a lot of it was legit. I would be upset if someone was tortured 6 houses down from me over pot...Just saying..

I agree. It is people like that who make this "war" we are fighting difficult for the rest of us. Destroying that property is NOT right and only gives police and politicians bullets to fight for legalization. That is just greed.

In my book, Arcata is the coolest place in the world. chillin with the hippies and smoking inside redwood trees in Arcata community forest, not to mention this is the only place where someone has given me a fat bag of good weed, FOR FREE!

LEO, get the heck out!!

It was more than a full does of propaganda but had some good points as well so I watched it anyhow..need to hear both sides of the story so I can have my arguments ready for why mj isn't a problem.

The houses being destroyed is ridiculous and I see no reason why you can't grow and keep your house presentable. If weed was legal people could freely grow in the backyard and those houses would have never gotten to the point of needing to be gutted and rebuilt.

In all honesty, the town looked like crap, with what I saw in the video, it has always looked like that. The video of downtown looked like any other crappy town that people pass through to get to a good place.

This show is exactly why mj should be legal in all 50 states. If I can grow a few plants in my yard then why would I buy a bag from a grower like those in Arcata? I wouldn't.

On a side note- The people with the rental house that got destroyed are not very smart. Why would you rent out your house in a place where you see other houses being destroyed by renters? Sell it and move to a nice town. I find it hard to believe that people have a hard time selling houses in the town considering how many grow houses they have.

I like the comment about pot is as valuable as gold. I don't know anyone that pays north of #1000.00 per ounce.

Well I posted in my post that I going to watch and guess what?
I got busy with other things-probably better off.

:)
Gb

AcesUp said:
I like the comment about pot is as valuable as gold. I don't know anyone that pays north of #1000.00 per ounce.

That is what I thought of when I heard that. I watched for the pot shots.

Well...here is my 2cents on it.

The "Emerald" triangle has been, and prob will be the MECCA for outdoor grows in the USA. Been like that since I was a toker.
Back in da day, you could go up and purchase what you need from very cool folks who have been "farmin;" for years, generations.

What has happened over the last 5 years or so is simple. It's the "Gold rush" that we are all hearing and reading about. The media also plays this same story. Folks are moving to Cali and are able to "make a living" growing herb.

As with Locals, the rest of the country knows that Humbolt is leniant with MJ, and MMJ growing. Prob a worldwide fact.

So, Joe Blow from out of State moves to california and goes right to the "Emerald" triange area to seek thier fortune.
Once they get there, they SOON figure out that they are really not welcome. They also find out that all the Land is sewed up by folks who have had that land for generations, thus leaving NO rural areas to buy.

So, they buy/rent homes in the local towns. They have no recourse but to grow indoors, because the locals will steal/sabotage their outdeezy. Fact.

These folks soon get tied into the "criminal" element because they do not now better and think all californian's are "cool hippy's" without thinking about Cali having the biggest Gang population of all 50 states.
So, thinking that everyone is cool, they get into the wrong circles and learn to blow out whole houses in order to compete with the locals who grow BIG farms. The whole town knows whats up, including "thug types".

The rest is destroyed homes and beat up and tortured folks.

If your thinking of moving to Cali and striking it rich growing herb, take a lesson.

NorCal,
Your post reminds me of when I lived in Colorado and this roomate of mine and a buddy of his wanted to go to Cali and pick oranges in Bakersfield. So they took all their money and some of mine(!) and took off. They made it halfway through Arizona before they were out of money- pissed parents wired money so they could go back home.
I laugh about it to this day-and I got most of my money back.
:)
Gb

stuff like this is enough to make this lady scared..
A man who police say set a housemate on fire because of a dispute over marijuana plants was booked Tuesday on charges of attempted murder and arson.

J, is accused of dousing a 40-year-old woman with an accelerant and setting her on fire Oct. 6. There were about 100 marijuana plants in the southwest home, police said.

The woman sustained third-degree burns on more than 40% of her body and is in critical condition at the Regional Center. M was also burned in the fire, receiving second- and third-degree burns on more than 15% of his body.

The house was destroyed.

M also was booked on charges of torture, mayhem and domestic violence.

2Dog said:
stuff like this is enough to make this lady scared..
A man who police say set a housemate on fire because of a dispute over marijuana plants was booked Tuesday on charges of attempted murder and arson.

J, is accused of dousing a 40-year-old woman with an accelerant and setting her on fire Oct. 6. There were about 100 marijuana plants in the southwest home, police said.

The woman sustained third-degree burns on more than 40% of her body and is in critical condition at the Regional Center. M was also burned in the fire, receiving second- and third-degree burns on more than 15% of his body.

The house was destroyed.

M also was booked on charges of torture, mayhem and domestic violence.

Evil and Greed for ya.
Gb

From the description posted above I knew it would be CRAP.... total waste of time... Keep spinning those lies... :hubba:

I missed it, but my landlord best friend was all fired up over....

"if renters did that to one of my houses, I would shoot them" and

"my granddaughter is about to go to Humbolt State, Im thinking twice about that now"

Show sounds like the show was the worst of the worst growing in Arcata.

Very sad that property gets torn up. Outdoor Growers invade my mountain community, the ones that do not own property and use federal land usually distroy the area too growing. Leaveing harmful pesticides and garbage all over the grow area. The locals growing seem to be law abiding "Medical Recommended" types. Drive down a street here, during flower season and you get a whiff of MJ bout every three houses/backyards.

for everyone that missed it I think youtube has it all on this page

hxxp://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pot+city+usa&search_type=&aq=f

You have to look at how much money is being put back in the community by these grow houses. I was born in Arcata and still live close by. There is a Hydro shop on every corner. Some are in brand new buildings 20k sqf or more, making millions. Someone local owns that business. Those are local people employed. The Grow house owners are also the ones buying prime rib and lobster for dinner and drinking Crown Royal for desert. Buying jacked up deisel trucks and quads and boats. All $$ going back into the community. I've lived in Humboldt my entire life and seen the fishing industry die, the timber industry die. If it wasnt for pot, this community would be all but dead itself. The big time growers are not bothering anyone, they're not even selling their weed here. It's going out of town. The townsmen should welcome these people.

2Dog said:

:hubba: Thanks for that link. I was trying to find it. The problem with mj is that it is ilegal. It should be legalized. :headbang2:

2Dog said:

Your a Doll 2Dog. hanks for posting a link to this, I missed it as well.

Take two or three from this :bong: :D

Latest posts

Back