Pot Size ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
:DHello all you grower's would like some feed back:confused: I hear this and hear that about the size of the pot the bigger the pot the bigger the grow I have been a gardener for 40 or more years but this is my first BUD grow.My ladies are doing great I have 2 sizes going and they look good but the smaller pot does look like it has less bud or is it just my eyes how:rolleyes::confused2:how is every ones grow doing and does the size matter to you:farm: appreciate the info be safe

m-j grow 039.jpg

m-j grow 038.jpg

m-j grow 036.jpg

m-j grow 037.jpg

when it gets bigger it will become rootbound in a small container and it will slow its growth

5 gal is about the min for a indoor plant w/o size limitation due to rootbound
condition

Yes, everyone's main concern about pot size is root lock. And yes, it will happen more quickly than you think. However, if you look at some of the past threads in grow journals you will find some success from a one ounce shot glass. It's amazing how you can manipulate and the willingness to grow from MJ. One galon to one foot of plant, square containers- is a good rule of thumb and will aid you in preventing problems. However if you have experience with fertilizer and watering, you might not need to transplant. You learn so much by doing. I'm just about to round the corner with my first grow show. You learn everyday... good luck...and just try to find your comfort level. :watchplant:

:yeahthat: what they both said....
i think your grow looks great grama. I grow in pots too, tho i start inside and move them out. So far tho, the tallest plant i have grown was five feet in a five gallon pot (couple years ago). Now i use ten/fifteen gallon pots mostly and cant seem to grow one over four feet...go figure.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back