Pranic's Challange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We both sat upon the rock, and he packed the one hitter up. We each took 2 hits, and neither of us felt like we could even do a 3rd hit because we were so ripped. “This is the best weed I’ve ever smoked,” Dan told me, and in that instant, I felt more proud than I ever had before. We sat on that rock for at least 2 hours that night, both exclaiming how sucked-in to the waterfalls the rocks had made. I had a new love in my life, and her name was Marijane.

For the next 4 weeks, we went there every single day and smoked upon that rock. Things were great. Not only were Dan and I the best of friends during this time, we had managed to meet TONS of other friends from our dorm, as well, all while we were stoned. No one had to know we were stoned, we didn’t want people to know. It was between Dan and I. But the marijuana brought out the best in both of us, and we talked to anyone and everyone. Eventually, we talked Dan’s roommate into switching rooms with me, and Dan and I were roommates. We could have smoked in our room every day if we wanted to, but we always went to that giant rock in the crick. Through meeting everyone in the dorm and Dan and I being roommates always ripped, people would stop by our room 24:7. Our room had become the place to be in our dorm. Dan wasn’t the reason people came to the room. I wasn’t the reason people came to the room. Since no one knew that Dan and I smoked, marijuana wasn’t the reason people came to our room. But the three of us together made a great combination, a fun combination that everyone seemed to enjoy.

The semester flew by, as Dan and I were always together and always having a great time. Sure, our grades suffered a little, but our lives had never been better. Suddenly, it was the last week of school. Dan had been studying for exams for about a week in advance, so he didn’t really ever have time to go down to that rock in the crick, but one night he finally said, “Let’s go.” We walked up that main campus road, through the thorn bushes, down the steepest of hills, and onto that rock. Dan told me something I will never forget. He said, “Bro, you’re an O.A.R. fan, right?”

“Of course,” I replied.

“You know that song, ‘The Black Rock’? Well, I just want you to know that this is my black rock, man. Between me and you, we can come here and just think and talk about anything. It’s my favorite place on earth, and I love how we can come down here and just leave all the drama and the war of the world and just relax, just the two of us.” It meant so much to me that he said that, and I began thinking and he was exactly right. I felt the exact same way. Then he said, “You’re not coming here again next year. . Are you?”

“Nah man, sorry.”

“I didn’t think so. Well, I just want you to know that I hope we keep in contact, but if we don’t, I will never forget these times, and I will never ever bring anyone else down here to smoke.” I told him that it’s not a big deal if he smokes down there with someone else. I mean, come on, it was a perfect place to go and relax. “No Dave, this is the Black Rock. . I didn’t make this the Black Rock, and you didn’t make this the Black Rock. Us being together, that’s what made this the Black Rock. It’s our Black Rock.”

On the last day of school, Dan and I went back to the Black Rock. We were probably the last two people on campus, as we hiked our way down. We brought cameras and we brought our one hitter. We smoked one last time before my 2 ½ hour drive home and his 3 hour drive home. After we smoked everything left in the one hitter, which amounted to about 4 hits each, we shook hands and we got into our cars. Dan followed me almost ¾ of the way home, but my exit was approaching fast. I began to cry, as I slowed down so Dan would pass me in the left lane. I wiped my tears, as to look like a man. I rolled down my window, going about 65 mph on the highway with Dan right next to me with his window down as well. I had no idea what to say, so I waited for Dan to say something. Dan didn’t say anything, instead he turned his music on full blast and I heard a deep voice sing “It’s the black rock!” It was O.A.R. I got off my exit, and watched continued watching Dan drive by. My eyes watered up again, but I knew this wasn’t the end of Dan and I’s incredible bond.

A couple weeks later, Dan called me, as a great friend would. He told me to look outside, and there he was in my driveway. I came outside and he said, “Come on, we’re going to the Black Rock.”

Today, I wish more than anything that I was returning to that University to be with Dan for one more year. But, in a way, it’s almost perfect that it was a one semester thing. It makes the times we had so much more unforgettable. Dan will forever be one of my best friends. He introduced me to marijane. He picked me up when I was at my lowest. He’s part of my Black Rock, for that University will forever and always be my Black Rock. . .

Mutt's Essay

Why I Cultivate

By Mutt

Why I cultivate is best described by the different aspects of reasoning. I will try to explain the best I can as I am not very good at stating personal things about myself. Cultivation has a deep meaning in my life. It is not just Marijuana, its all living plants.

One of the main reasons why I cultivate is for supplying my herbal supply without having to go to the street. I know what it is, how it was grown, and not costing me money. I feel like every time I bought the herb from a dealer, I supported his “other” activities. I felt like if he dealt other things. The money the dealer made from it went to producing or making available the poisons that are often peddled by dealers. I have a serious problem with anyone that makes money off of someone else’s addiction. Meth, Crack, and heroin are social pitfalls with no regard for humanity. I could not in good conscious remotely support these being made available by me enabling that person to sell those kinds of drugs.

Another reason for me is the care and attention to detail it takes to grow this plant. I love to see the traits come out of each seeded plant. Each plant has its own characteristics. Some traits are good and some bad. This plant is amazing on what can be done with it. To realize that no other plant behaves the way MJ behaves. The amount of research that has been done on this plant by private individuals is vast. The limits of this plant have not been reached and in my opinion will never be reached. It has industrial, medical, and social values. It is truly a universal plant.

The other reasons for my love of cultivation can be summarized. I have total control over the environment. It can be almost God-like. To shape, trim, prune, and adjust the environment and plant to achieve a better plant. It is like taking care of a child. You have to feed, monitor, and meet all of its requirements just like a child. A unique bond forms between the plants and grower. I can remember every plant I ever grew. (Even the ones that died.) I also have to supply MJ to a relative for pain. This is the real purpose of MJ. To be used as a healthier alternative to Man-made pills. This topic is a whole other essay and will leave this where it is.

Well I hope this essay relays my points of cultivation. Just always remember. Tell no one, show no one, and grow for your own supply not for profit. Stay safe and grow on.

HOLY SHIT!!!! I WON SOMETHING!!!!!!!
I never win anything!!!!!

im very happy 4 you guys!!!

Mutt im just like you ive never won anything!!lol

and the only thing i won never got here:rolleyes:

im gonna try next time there is a challenge!!!!!!:D

After careful consideration tonite. and toking from my glass bowl. I am choosing to deny the prize. I am just happy winning. I will PM my choices to Pranic who I would like the prize to go to.

But as winner I get to tell the story of my current glass pipe. ;)

My wife and I were cruising up a back road. We stopped at a gas station. outside ussual off the wall tourist stuff. We walked in and browsed. Found a few things to buy the kids that were cheap and grabbed a drink. I walk up to the register. Its on top of a glass case. I start looking inside the glass case and its full of hand-blown pipes, bongs, rolling papers. I thought I drove down the hwy to the twilight zone. Back road gas station/tourist junk/ HEAD SHOP!!????. I got this sweet hand blown Pyrex pipe for 15 bucks. So my current pipe has nostalgia of a peculiar story to me.

but winning this means a whole lot to me. Thanks Pranic excellent contest.

I think you deserve it Mutt. You wrote a good essay, and in my short time on this site, I've noticed you are very helpful, posting in every frickin thread, and you always know the right thing to do when someone has problem. Maybe you don't need a new pipe, but you do deserve one.
That's just my opinion.

oops i forgot all about this grats guys!!! lol

Wow!!! Great essays guys!! Ohiodood... that was such a kick ass story... I was sad when your story was over... lol I had forgotten about this contest...:(

bigbudz said:
Wow!!! Great essays guys!! Ohiodood... that was such a kick ass story... I was sad when your story was over... lol I had forgotten about this contest...:(

Thanks! Never in a million years did I expect to win a prize in this, so I am pleasantly surprised. Thanks a lot, pranic! Like Mutt, this is like my first time winning anything. :)

Ok Ohio contact me via e-mail.... again congrats to both of you... as to mutts request.... TBG you also need to Hit me up via e-mail.

great work guys, both tales gave me a warm feeling.

and a top idea too Pranic, who says that stoners do f-all and will never amount to anything??

a nice use of the site.

Someone else should run something like this. It seems like a lot of people had fun with it, and it sucks that I missed it.

Ganj said:
Someone else should run something like this. It seems like a lot of people had fun with it, and it sucks that I missed it.

Ditto! It would be great to have little contests like this on a monthly basis, and I'm sure members could pitch in items for the winners.

speaking of Ohio's Essay... he still hasn't gotten back to me, but that could be because we're constantly missing each other.. and playing tag back and fourth.. anyway.... Ohio's essay really spoke to me.... besides i know where his blackrock is... anyway.. on anotha note Hi!

Darth BongWongDong said:
That first essay kind of sounded like "Brokeback Blackrock"

LMFAO! Not nice, but brilliant!

mrgreenspliff.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back