Preflowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenThumbBlackFinger

Reaction score
Do any of you have some good preflower pictures you could post? I think some of my plants are showing preflowers but I dont want to flower them to figure it out just yet. When can you tell that they are mature? I think it'll be flowering time soon but I'm just not sure and obviously dont want to switch them from 18/6 to 12/12 all the time. And another weird question, by preference, how many nodes do you let your plant grow until you switch to flowering? Or how do you guys decide when the time is right?

Yeah when it gets to alternating nodes, it is sexually mature. Well thats what I've read. This happened with mine but I still didn't notice any preflowers. Its a mother so I'm just letting it grow out but I'm still waiting to see some. The alternating nodes happened right at about 6 weeks of vegging, that doesnt include 3 weeks of seedling time before that. I can't remember exactly what node it was at. i'd say it probably differs from stain to strain. Mine is a Sensi Skunk and I think it was about the 7th node when it started the alternating. Hope that helps. Good luck!

well here is a female preflower of mine hope this helps you out.

DSC00034.JPG

so its official.... there is some sausage in my grow room. I have two that are showing balls on a really short little stem thing. they look like grapes. and I have one that has weird pods with white hairs coming out. obviously one female and two males. the other three havent shown any signs of sex yet so now I guess i just have to wait some more. :rolleyes: so my camera sucks but in the first two pictures you can kinda see the balls and the second two are the female. thanks a lot for this site, without it they woudlve all shriveled and died a long time ago :)

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1475.JPG

What are you going to do with the males?
Are you 100% sure they are male?

About how long you should flower for. It all depends on how big you want them. They usually double to even triple there size in some cases when switched over to flower.. So if you want a 2' plant or smaller you could start the seed or rooted clone of at 12/12 if you want a Christmas tree than veg for 3 months and thin flower... Its all up to you.

but ive had them since they were wee little seeds i picked out of a bowl i was about to smoke. we go way back! but this bunny is being fed on 100% grade A cannabis so he'll be excited :woohoo:

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

well they're all already over a foot tall so im glad there are two boys so far otherwise its going to be a full house in there. and im 100% sure theyre males, i'll probably flower them for a week just to doubly check but there are huge anatomy differences between the ones i think are male and the female.

Well i even find it hard sometimes to tell a boy pre flower from a girl.. Just throw into flower for a couple weeks and determine if it is a girl or boy.. If it has any hairs it is a girl or a hermie...

Lucky Bunny gets to eat MJ. LOL

Wow, did not nitice how small he was.. Wow, thats a really cute bunny.

Just like my dog, ***** will eat anything, especially some weed.

If he ever gets in my grow room and eats my plants im going to squish him. But until then, yes he is cute and thanks lol. I found him half dead and weak and saved him :D

Nice. And yeah i don't let anything, anyone into mine.

Latest posts

Back