'Prince of Pot' says police and city hall conspiring against him

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Vancouver's self-styled "Prince of Pot" says city hall and the police department are trying to run him out of town.

Marc Emery has a political campaign office, a magazine and a retail store based on West Hastings Street in downtown Vancouver — but the marijuana activist said he's hitting a wall when it comes to getting business licences.

In the past, Emery said, he hasn't needed a business licence because everything was run under the umbrella of his political party, the B.C. Marijuana Party.

But Emery said all that has changed.

"We've complied with every government order, renovation order, health order, safety order. We are completely compliant every time they have a request," he said.

"They can't say we are a bad business, but they are just looking for every possible reason to deny us a licence to get rid of us in advance of the Olympics.

"This [the Olympics] is why all this pressure is on. The police are trying to get rid of all their antagonists. This is all police-driven," Emery said.

According to documents filed at Vancouver city hall, Emery applied for a business licence for a convenience store across the street from his marijuana-related businesses in 2008.

He was rejected because he has a criminal record for a marijuana-related offence.

City hall then demanded he get business licences for his other enterprises, but he was denied, Emery said. He is appealing those rulings.

"We have millions of supporters. We draw thousands of tourists to this block. So in the days leading up to our licence application we are going to make sure the phones at city hall are flooded days in advance," he said.

Emery said if he doesn't get the licences, he might have to close down.

No one from Vancouver city hall was available to comment on the case.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/d9wypm

If I was Canada and the Olympics were comin' to town, I would want Marc Emery hidden away too!
As much as I am for legalization, Marc Emery does not deserve the "prince of pot" monikor. imo, he makes us all look bad. Has anyone seen this guy? Heard him talk? He is just plain silly.

I HAVE to say, I did get beans from him back in the day. As did most all folks who grew back then. When it all went down, he should have bowed out humbly.

i agree he does not deserve the prince of pot title
but i do think he help bc and canada have more tolerance and their might not even be cannabis culture without him
i dont believe its right for the states to come after him

NorCalHal said:
If I was Canada and the Olympics were comin' to town, I would want Marc Emery hidden away too!
As much as I am for legalization, Marc Emery does not deserve the "prince of pot" monikor. imo, he makes us all look bad. Has anyone seen this guy? Heard him talk? He is just plain silly.

I HAVE to say, I did get beans from him back in the day. As did most all folks who grew back then. When it all went down, he should have bowed out humbly.
I couldn't agree more!.. he desired to bare the badge of martyr.. he got his wish..

The worst thing about this guy is he gives the anti-MJ crowd an easy target.
He's loud, obnoxious, and self aggrandizing. There are litteraly thousands of people who work tirelessly to promote the facts of MJ. Whether the subject is medical, industrial, or recreational we must argue the facts.Thats the only way we can further the cause.
Every time the media wants to do a hit piece on MJ they go looking for this guy. Unfortunatly they don't have to look hard. If there's a camera within a hundred miles he'll be there playing a perpetual victim.

I am glad Im not the only one who thinks this guy is a problem,,and gives us a bad name when he appears on TV. He looks like a Stonned Raccoon who rambles and rambles and says nothing. PPL that hate weed,, look at this guy and go,,,"see what we mean",,!!!!:rolleyes:
Listen,,if yur gonna run a Business,as he claims he does,Ya cant be stonned all the time and deal with the PPL who arnt.;) I wish they would stop interviewing this guy to help the Cause,,,Cause hes killen us.:D

"PPL that hate weed,, look at this guy and go,,,"see what we mean",,!!!!"

Since when do we have to care about what other people think of us. If were always stoned, thats our choice and there's plenty of us who can lead a normal life being high all day. Apparentely he's done good being stoned since he started a revolution in Canada. I'm proud to say that i don't give a flying F. about what people think about pot, since most of them have never tried it and have no right to even discuss it. I'm not trying to sound like an *** here but I just can't stand the fact that we have to change ourselves in public so we get accepted by others.

Oh cowboy, you should watch the cbc documentary about him, he does alot more than just ramble about nothing.

hetfield_08 said:
"PPL that hate weed,, look at this guy and go,,,"see what we mean",,!!!!"

Since when do we have to care about what other people think of us. If were always stoned, thats our choice and there's plenty of us who can lead a normal life being high all day. Apparentely he's done good being stoned since he started a revolution in Canada. I'm proud to say that i don't give a flying F. about what people think about pot, since most of them have never tried it and have no right to even discuss it. I'm not trying to sound like an *** here but I just can't stand the fact that we have to change ourselves in public so we get accepted by others.

Oh cowboy, you should watch the cbc documentary about him, he does alot more than just ramble about nothing.

Didnt mean to be haten on your Hero Bro,:rolleyes: ,,but I live in a world where my Business,, that I have owned for the last 18 yrs,, says I have to care how I present myself at all times while in public,,,,,,, and so should he even more so because of what he stands for in the Marijauna Culture. Lots of PPL watch this guy,,,so he should act a little more Professional in Public dont ya think?

Im high all day too. most of it. even at work, but you cant tell i am. i can just tell he is like *** HIGH all the time. he honestly looks like he does more than pot. regardless, it would be nice if someone who wasn't symbolized with the same group of pot "starts" as hightimes and cannabis cup people.

marc emory has a lot to say and no time to say it in.

Im sure hes not a bad guy, i mean, hes campaigning for our countries legalization more than most, which sais something.

He is a little weird on interviews, but shoot, get stoned and have an interview, im sure most of us would be babbling idiots too after a good smoke, maybe im wrong, who cares what happens to him, he brought it on himself.

JBonez said:
marc emory has a lot to say and no time to say it in.

Im sure hes not a bad guy, i mean, hes campaigning for our countries legalization more than most, which sais something.

He is a little weird on interviews, but shoot, get stoned and have an interview, im sure most of us would be babbling idiots too after a good smoke, maybe im wrong, who cares what happens to him, he brought it on himself.

The fact that he's stoned on interviews pretty much says it all. If he's serious about promoting the cannabis culture then common sense says be straight and sober or shut shut up and go away.

cubby said:
The fact that he's stoned on interviews pretty much says it all. If he's serious about promoting the cannabis culture then common sense says be straight and sober or shut shut up and go away.

who are you to judge when and where someone should smoke, especially being on a site like this:confused:

promoting cannabis and sobriety dont exactly go hand in hand;)

i agree, there is a time and a place tho, but if you smoke, then its kinda the point to smoke whenever wherever, no matter your reason, its yours.

i smoke to help me sleep at night, i dont drink, and find pot to be the most relaxing without the hangover side effects.

JBonez said:
who are you to judge when and where someone should smoke, especially being on a site like this:confused:

promoting cannabis and sobriety dont exactly go hand in hand;)

i agree, there is a time and a place tho, but if you smoke, then its kinda the point to smoke whenever wherever, no matter your reason, its yours.

i smoke to help me sleep at night, i dont drink, and find pot to be the most relaxing without the hangover side effects.

As you said "there's a time and place". He cannot, and should not be talking for the whole cannabis community when he's under the influence.
He's obviously not at his level headed best. He makes statements and assertions that are based on his own oppinions and not on facts.

look i am not going to glorify the guy.but at least someone is trying to do something in a outspoken manner.what are you doing besides hiding your lifestyle?dont bash the people who are trying to help your cause.it defeats the purpose and gets us nowhere.and i would hope the guy promoting marijuana legalization by saying its not as bad as everyone thinks would be stoned all the time while he runs a place where people buy marijuana pipes and bongs and smoke.and also running a magazine line.

"I doubt the PPL that fought prohabition, showed up to the meetings, drunk."
maybe not drunk,but intoxicated.people run around all the time sipping on flasks.

also on the "being stoned in the right place right time" note....some people are at there best when there high,as far as being creative goes.i know i could RAMBLE on for a while especially when im trying to get my points across when it comes to marijuana.and are we not fighting to be stoned ALL the time?really,the fact that people are bashing someone trying to help the cause is enough to make me sick.regardless if its marc emery or anyone else for that matter.

cubby said:
He cannot, and should not be talking for the whole cannabis community when he's under the influence.
He's obviously not at his level headed best. He makes statements and assertions that are based on his own oppinions and not on facts.
no offense,but this is just ridiculous.

noneedforalarm said:
look i am not going to glorify the guy.but at least someone is trying to do something in a outspoken manner.what are you doing besides hiding your lifestyle?dont bash the people who are trying to help your cause.it defeats the purpose and gets us nowhere.and i would hope the guy promoting marijuana legalization by saying its not as bad as everyone thinks would be stoned all the time while he runs a place where people buy marijuana pipes and bongs and smoke.and also running a magazine line.

"I doubt the PPL that fought prohabition, showed up to the meetings, drunk."
maybe not drunk,but intoxicated.people run around all the time sipping on flasks.

also on the "being stoned in the right place right time" note....some people are at there best when there high,as far as being creative goes.i know i could RAMBLE on for a while especially when im trying to get my points across when it comes to marijuana.and are we not fighting to be stoned ALL the time?really,the fact that people are bashing someone trying to help the cause is enough to make me sick.regardless if its marc emery or anyone else for that matter.

You may be fighting to be stoned "ALL the time" but pesonally I believe in all things moderation. Anyone who claims to be "at heir best when high" probably isn't all that good to begin with. Other than those who use for medicinal purposes it is just a recreational or spiritual intoxicant. People who are stoned "all the time" contribute little if anything usefull to the human experience.
I am more than respectfull your opinion as well as Mr. Emery's but no one person can speak the entirety and diversity of marjuana users.
That being said "it's just my opinion" no better,no worse than any others.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back