problem in the grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maineharvest said:
I think I need a ph meter and then go from there. Any recommendations on a reliable cheap ph meter?

22.50>>>>>>>>>>hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

I hve this one and love it...

maineharvest said:
thanks mister hampster

You are very welcome...one of the great things about this site is everyone shares the good deals they hve found...

I just checked out the site and it seems like a great deal. I thought I was going to have to buy one of those 200 dollar hanna ph meters. I had no idea you could get them so cheap.

that pen sucks its not accurate at all do your self a favor get a continues milwakee like 100 bucks just remeber you get what you pay for.

if i knew you id send you that same pen i got it in my drawer dont really know why im saving it.

How unreliable is it? Have you compared it to anything else to see how far off the readings were? Is it off by just a lil or a lot?

dr pyro said:
that pen sucks its not accurate at all do your self a favor get a continues milwakee like 100 bucks just remeber you get what you pay for.

I hve had zero problems with this pen...I am sure there are better ones but it does not suck...

hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/milwaukeesm102.html

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-SMS120-pH-Monitor-Continuous-Reading-Meter_W0QQitemZ250307012959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4775e95f
the second link is the one on all the time the first is a portable. i run saltwater reefs with these and my hydro setup every 2-3 yrs you replace electrode. dont go cheap you will be disappointed

i can go take pics even a video i will compare my pen calibrated to my 2 continues and 2 portable milwakee its off. all 4 of mine read all the same the pen reads diffrent all the time. my buddy grabbed the same pen i told him dont bother but he did he regretes it. dude its 20 bucks if you got 20 to waste do it but i would put that 20 to a better one.i do hydro so i have to be accurate soil is more forgiving

hey hamster you have another meter to compare it to.maybe me and my buddy got a bad batch? but 2 i doubt

Hey Dr I just checked out your meter and I cant really understand any difference. Can you explain what the difference in easy terms?

dr pyro said:
hey hamster you have another meter to compare it to.maybe me and my buddy got a bad batch? but 2 i doubt

I don't hve another pen or meter to compare it to but I know I hve had zero ph problems since getting it...like said I am sure there are better ones and the one you are recomending is most likely better by a lot...but it works well for me..I recalibrate every month and try and keep it in good order...

the diffrence between the links or the diffrence between the pen and the links

if you compare between pen and meter its just better quality parts that hold up the electrode in pen is cheap.ok now the meters the continues one is power supply is the receptacle on wall the other one runs off 9 v battery and is portable.i have hydro setup and soil and fish tanks. my 2 that run from the wall monitor my hydro setup for ebb flow. the other monitors my ro water. the 2 portable i use to check fish tank and my calcium reactor the other portable monitors my water for the soil grows. i have had these meters for 6 plus yrs no problems

That is a real nice meter...if I was hard core hydro I wld probably invest in it...I use mine to ph my water and nutes for feeding and it works well enough...

now back to your problem i suspect your ph is the culprit which leads to nute lockout your plants seem to be suffrering multiple def

so are you saying the pen is portable and the meter one has to be plugged in? I am growing in soil and would prefer portable.

I was thinking ph was the problem but that is really the one area of growing I have no experience in and have never had a problem with.

ya first one is portable with temp compensation. the great thing with the temp comp is it adjusts for the temp to get a real accurate reading. temp on some pens can lead to inaccurate readings. take alook around the net for them but eseason is the cheapest i found

Latest posts

Back