Problem with first time growing weed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseaf

Western Hemisphere
Reaction score
October 7th, I placed 6 seeds from a supply of bagweed from a friend. One seed came up. I used Jiffy #7 to start the seeds. I since went on the web to research how to grow weed.

I made a diy hydroponics system and started the process of growing 2 weeks ago. I ran into some problems: 1st the plant was bent and didn't look too healthy. I went to a local hydro store and purchased Botanicare Pro Grow. The next day the plant was standing upright, a complete eraction. :hubba:

Next, I moved the plant into my closet and saw brownish spots on the leaves. I change the solution in the bucket. No change. I read in my garden book that this could be from mold. I have moved everything out of this closet, cleaned it and cut the leaves with the spots.

Today, November 3, I change the solution:
8 litres of water
15ml of Botanicare Pro Grow
3 tsps of Grotex Cal-Max
5ml of Liquid Karma
ph 6.1 adjusted
The system drips every 2 hours for 15 minutes. It was 24/7 before yesterday.

Any suggestions from the group are welcomed

I tried to post the pictures, but I am new.
I uploaded pictures to the members gallary.

The brown could of been nutrient burn, or a ph swing, heat stress, mites. Heck lots of things. Hard to tell without more in depth description or pics. Posting pics in the members gallery won't do you any good because this site is filled with lazy stoners lol. You need to post links to your pictures. Read the faq it will explain everything. Also check the stickies to see how to resize your pictures. Later man hope you get it figured out.

Seems to me if you know that your ph is 6.1 as you say you may be having some nute burn... Do you have a ppm meter, if not go to your local hydro store and grab one for about 20 bucks. this is very important as i started my first and current hydro grow without one and learned the hard way that it is a necesity.

If you come to find your ppm to read normal readings check and make sure you arent burning your plant by light. if you have flouro's as i do you only need it between 2-2 1/2 inches away for best yield. i cannot help if you are using MH of HPS as i have only used flouros.

post some pics, it would be very beneficial for everyone...

smok d herb said:
Seems to me if you know that your ph is 6.1 as you say you may be having some nute burn... Do you have a ppm meter, if not go to your local hydro store and grab one for about 20 bucks. this is very important as i started my first and current hydro grow without one and learned the hard way that it is a necesity.

If you come to find your ppm to read normal readings check and make sure you arent burning your plant by light. if you have flouro's as i do you only need it between 2-2 1/2 inches away for best yield. i cannot help if you are using MH of HPS as i have only used flouros.

post some pics, it would be very beneficial for everyone...

I have a TDS meter around here somewhere. I will look for it. What did you start your TDS on a 3 week old plant?

A pH of 6.1 is at the high end of what you want your pH to be--in hydro you should try and keep your pH between about 5.5 and 6.1. At 3 weeks, you want to start with your nutes at about 1/4 strength

Latest posts

Back