Problems in Michigan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The local cops had a sign they towed behind a vehicle warning folks about random drug inspections ahead. Of course they did not set up such a roadblock. What they did was set up a car presumably a speed trap and observe how people reacted to avoid the inspection. The sign stated drug dogs are in use at the inspection site. They had folks pulling u-turns and everything. When they interviewed the sheriff his stated reason for this was something like: I can't stand the thought that some people were driving through his jurisdiction with illegal substances on board. (that is not a direct quote I don't have the article anymore for an exact quote). I think the ACLU got involved with this and they have suspended this entrapment scheme. Oh make no mistake about this they CAN put the genie back in the bottle where she belongs as they see it.

Sounds about right for MI, some counties are "BOSS HOG" counties lol!

I was on my way to Vegas one year (several years back, maybe '01) When I saw a sign on one of those retractable booms, the sign was still facing out, but the arm folded in...sign read something to the effect that drug checkpoint ahead. No clue whether there ever was a checkpoint or not, but it did make for a scary drive. Can't recall which state this was, could have been Nebraska or further west.

GET OUT AND VOTE TO THROW THE BUMS OUT or not your choice!

I have to ask again, what candidate choice is there??

mswit10296 said:
OK … Not sure what the heck all that was about. It was not my intention to start an argument with that post. I found a flier at my MM dispensary and that led me to look into this on a local forum of MM users. I know I am not brightest bulb in the pack. I am however somewhat confident you will discover there are subtle differences between the bills. No, I did not take the time to compare each version word of word. For that I sincerely offer my heart felt apology for being that much of a Neanderthal. However I think Ad hominem attacks on myself and others is very unproductive for our common cause. Remember we are advocating for the same cause, all of us! Would it not be easier to use your editorial diatribes to promote legalization of cannabis and not demonizing others?

During my discussion on another forum I was asked what had changed here in Michigan since MM was passed in 2008 with almost a 2/3 margin. I cut and pasted that response below. It is my opinion of what is going on here and is NOT a statement of fact.

My response to the question “what has changed in MI since 2008”?:

During the 2010 mid term elections we elected a lot of conservatives at the state and local levels. One of the people of note is Rick Snyder our governor. Bill Schuette is our AG and is VERY conservative and who will not stand for this abomination on his watch! Both Schuette and Snyder have recall efforts going on at this time. I think they may succeed with Snyder but I doubt they can muster the necessary volunteers to get enough signatures to unseat Schuette. The southern half of Michigan is governed for the most part by conservatives and 2010 just made that worse. I think they are trying to get as much headway for their cause before the conservatives are handed their *** on a platter in Nov. There are several local prosecutors of the conservative persuasion that need to make their constituents aware of their moral crusade against this abomination. This is a testosterone infused pissing contest and has nothing to do with medicine, public health, or any other reason that could be intelligently debated. And they have unlimited funds which we were nice enough to send them via our taxes. By proposing what they are it will fragment the opposition by offering too many choices to fight with limited funds. Which we have the honor of providing out of pocket to fight the money we sent in with our taxes to fight a cause passed by 2/3 of the electorate. It is exactly what is wrong in DC. The House of Representatives is a prime example of what I am talking about. For God sakes everyone GET OUT AND VOTE TO THROW THE BUMS OUT or not your choice!

Also another fun Michigan Factoid:

I read an article in a local newspaper (weekly 5 to 10 pager) unfortunately I tossed the paper. But here is a synopsis of that article as I remember it. Again I apologize for any inaccuracies.

The local cops had a sign they towed behind a vehicle warning folks about random drug inspections ahead. Of course they did not set up such a roadblock. What they did was set up a car presumably a speed trap and observe how people reacted to avoid the inspection. The sign stated drug dogs are in use at the inspection site. They had folks pulling u-turns and everything. When they interviewed the sheriff his stated reason for this was something like: I can't stand the thought that some people were driving through his jurisdiction with illegal substances on board. (that is not a direct quote I don't have the article anymore for an exact quote). I think the ACLU got involved with this and they have suspended this entrapment scheme. Oh make no mistake about this they CAN put the genie back in the bottle where she belongs as they see it.

I will refrain from posting here in the future. I don't want to be responsible for dragging the forum down with unchecked facts. No matter how inconsequential they may be. mike

THANK YOU mswit for posting the article.
unfortunately, due to some simply NOT able to remain "on topic" and "discuss the issues", the adolescent behavior of attacking each other with insults and personal innuendos, I'm forced to close yet another thread.
Please do not take it as anything that "YOU" have done, or any fault in "your" posting.
We (the majority) value your input and appreciate your post.
THANK YOU....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back