problems with droopy leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BushyKush420

Reaction score
in the morning when i get up or late morning like 11:59 i look at my plants and they look GREAT but after i water em bout an hour later they start drooping and the colors are fine or close to fine... whats the deal am i giving em a nute burn or to much water , to much water i dont think it can be it sum ppl say they water every hour during lights on.. i water like once in the morning or late morning and another time at bout 6 or 7 pm..:confused:

BushyKush420 said:
in the morning when i get up or late morning like 11:59 i look at my plants and they look GREAT but after i water em bout an hour later they start drooping and the colors are fine or close to fine... whats the deal am i giving em a nute burn or to much water , to much water i dont think it can be it sum ppl say they water every hour during lights on.. i water like once in the morning or late morning and another time at bout 6 or 7 pm..:confused:
My best advice to you is to read a book on growing marijuana. There are tons of them out there. This way, you won't have to ask about every little thing about growing from the basics to the advanced methods.

The things that you're asking are very basic growing techniques. I have my "Marijuana Growers Handbook" by Ed Rosenthal sitting right next to me as I type this. Do yourself a favor and buy one. Believe it or not, most of the big book stores carry them in stock. Pay in cash. They really don't care anyway. Or, you can order one online.

Then, after you know the basics, you can ask about the parts you didn't understand in the book.

sounds like over water to me...

water the plant untill you get run off then wait untill soil is dry before you water again ;)

depending on grow conditions this could be 2-5 days between water'n

peace

if it was overwatering, how is that possible if the grow rocks dont hold water much. the seed was started in a peat pellet thing as that is the only thing that holds water. but i will skip tonights watering and see how and what happens if they look better i will know then. thanks alot guys

What are you growing in? Are you hand watering a hydro grow?

yea its a hydro set up like this one except for they are in pots in a rubbermaid tub. 4 to a tub. 2 tubs 8 pots.

but im trying to get that manifold thing to do it auto.. u know that already. but i was just handwatering them and letting them drain into the res tub. i do bout a 2-3 --- 12 oz cups of water seeings that if i had that setup it would be on for an hour three times a day..? i think at least thats what i thought and i also read that sum ppl water outrageous amounts like 15 mins every hour 24/7 ? i only water them twice with a couple cups thats it and it drains.. i have no clue now since last night i was starving em and they drooped and were looking bad so i had to water em this morning and they came up maybe ill stick to once a day.

dripsetup.gif

BushyKush420 said:
but im trying to get that manifold thing to do it auto.. u know that already.

I didnt know that and thought soil grow and not hand watering a hydro grow

oh my bad i was reading your reply along with stoney bud. and just answered you both sorta lol sorry for the confusion
:D

BushyKush420 said:
oh my bad i was reading your reply along with stoney bud. and just answered you both sorta lol sorry for the confusion
:D

point was you need to post way more info when ask'n for help with sick plants :D

some of have no clue what your setup is if you dont tell us first ;)

peace

BushyKush420 said:
i think at least thats what i thought and i also read that sum ppl water outrageous amounts like 15 mins every hour 24/7 ? i only water them twice with a couple cups thats it and it drains..

My pump runs 24/7... I dont really like timers... just something else to mess up on the long list of hydro equipment.
As long as the water is well aerated the roots can be submerged in water. If not... root rot will happen.... fast.

Hey Kade

so what do you have?

pots wit rocks or (grow rocks) and you just let em water 24/7 if i did that i think that they would die...lol i dunno now im getting upcurling of the edges of the leaves like a taco.

I'll give you credit for jumping right into hydro, but if this is your first grow,and you have not even read much about growing you may be in over your head. I think leaving a pump on them 24/7 may well be your best bet as well.

I don't think Kade is asking for help. I am agreeing with him on your behalf.

Haha, yeah I dont need help... unless u wanna send 13 rooted clones to me.. i have some more space.. (j/k)

Go to walmart.. buy a $10 air pump, hose and a airstone... cost ya like $15 canadian total.. throw the stone in ur res.. that'll make sure there is air in there... and then u can pump 24/7...

Hey kade yea i got those about last week and i tried to glue it to the bottom of the tub and they ended up coming off so now that i redid the nute mix yesterday i noticed it so i grab another tub same thing but this time i used aquarium silacone and see if that holds.

so if i have an air stone in the nute water their wont be air in it? i thought that is what that does? but my purpose is to keep the water moving to hopefully prevent algae and keep my mix mixed..

never mind i read it again.. lol sorry im up there..

and my setup are 12 plants in peat pellets and they are in 2 gallon pots some have 2 plants to a pot because i only have room for 8 pots.. and those are in hydroton rocks.. and im so far hand watering and will soon get a drip manifold to auto water em, maybe 3 times a day, 18-6 setting
on at 6am off at 12pm, first watering at 7? and then noon, and last round 6 or 7pm.:confused:

kade i wish i had 13 clones. i might give u 5 ... hahaha but im yet in the early stages of even getting a mother or mothers, im hoping i get sum good fems, and hope their the ones im thinking are girls, cuz those ones are looking great.... maybe just wishful thinking :D

Latest posts

Back