Problems with vape pens. Expert Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st batch, handful of old grandaddy purple.

Attachments

• IMG_20230828_212735640.jpg
    IMG_20230828_212735640.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Yeah any parchment paper will work but not all are the same so try some variety if you can.
Purple is the worst color to press try for something nice and green for a better quality.

I was lucky to have this stuff! I will search out something proper. Say, what is the silicone mat, and the little brass anodized "table" for?

Bubba

The silicone mat is so any that drips off the parchment won't stick to the table.
The little aluminum slab is what they call A cooling plate its for putting in the freezer and laying the parchment on to aid in collecting runny rosin.
However all it does is sweat condensate making shit wet.
😆

The silicone mat is so any that drips off the parchment won't stick to the table.
The little aluminum slab is what they call A cooling plate its for putting in the freezer and laying the parchment on to aid in collecting runny rosin.
However all it does is sweat condensate making shit wet.
😆
Maybe in the winter when it is super dry humidity.

Seems like there are a lot of goodies still on the smash bag...I suppose I could clean it up and add to qwet solution. Those buds mashed as flat as a piece of paper.

I didn't know how much to mash it, stopped at 42 on the gauge.

Bubba

009.jpg

Any more pressure than this on the gauge and the bag starts to shear the paper.

You can double the paper but I just keep the pressure in this range.

Over 2500 psi it needs to be a flat bag taking up more plate to not shear........it still will if you go too hard.
Takes a little practice to get the feel.

Good gravy. I went way past that, but there wasn't that much weed in there. Didn't blow, flat as a flitter.

How long is a typical press take you? I'm not sure when to stop!

Bubba

Couple questions about Sequoia. I was on their site and got the heater coil pack. I assumed from pics the the top part came off, and my titanium skillet that came with it would thread on. Wrong! Does not remove, so left me wondering how these are used?

One of the other things I got is a ceramic heater (white) and a clear quartz insert. Would this be fine for dabs? All the you tube videos are age restricted and I won't sign up

You don't dab.....unless dogster finally got through to you. Buy the press....I should have done this a long time ago

I got in on vaping when it first came around. (Weed). No temp control to speak of, basically some kind of Heater. Too hot.

Vape pens make me wheeze. The Sequoia, with proper mod box, is altogether different.
Smooth, non irritating draws.

About a C-note for both. The press is more, depending on how crazy you want to go
Bubba

You don't dab.....unless dogster finally got through to you. Buy the press....I should have done this a long time ago

I got in on vaping when it first came around. (Weed). No temp control to speak of, basically some kind of Heater. Too hot.

Vape pens make me wheeze. The Sequoia, with proper mod box, is altogether different.
Smooth, non irritating draws.

About a C-note for both. The press is more, depending on how crazy you want to go
BubbaI have good vape
I have good vapes , but know little about dabbing (imagine that I am not AI ) The Press has peaked my curiosity for quit some time since I 1st read about them.

I have good vapes , but know little about dabbing (imagine that I am not AI ) The Press has peaked my curiosity for quit some time since I 1st read about them.
Me too. Watching you tube vids really got me going. Just didn't want to spend money without advice. Even the cheap ones aren't that cheap, and like most tools, I hate cheap hard to use ones

Waiting to see one or talk to someone that knew. And a long came dogster with proper advice. No buyer remorse on those selections. Still trying to figure it all out

Bubba

Couple questions about Sequoia. I was on their site and got the heater coil pack. I assumed from pics the the top part came off, and my titanium skillet that came with it would thread on. Wrong! Does not remove, so left me wondering how these are used?

One of the other things I got is a ceramic heater (white) and a clear quartz insert. Would this be fine for dabs? All the you tube videos are age restricted and I won't sign up
I use the titanium bucket coils which is literally a titanium bucket that works like the quartz one.
The quartz one is ok but oil tends to wick under that bucket and hit the heater which tastes like shit.
The titanium bucket has a tiny slot cut in the top to get a tool into to unscrew the bucket from the heater which is the same as the quartz heater.

This one, no way to use bucket...maybe quartz piece would fit, but screw on piece doesn't unscrew on this one:

Attachments

• IMG_20230909_134140533.jpg
    IMG_20230909_134140533.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back