pruning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvester

old dog with new tricks
Reaction score
some say pruning is bad but i believe if your carefull then you dont harm your plant and provide better airflow and better light to the smaler branches. any input ?

With my grow i tied the branches up so there is good airflow it seems to be working? That would be nice to know if i can prune my plants a little?

my plants prune themselves, that is.. they are eating some old fan leaves right now for nutrients.

eh.. i wouldnt prune unless the leafs were dead as all hell... i did this on my last grow just seemed to slow the plant down and screwed with my yield

I let them comeoff on their own after all once you cut offsomething that has some green still in it thats plant made food that you just took away :eek:

i guess we all have our own methods ehh but i do know that arian from green house and ed rosenthal from high times both suggest it

I like to "skirt" my indoor plants. Remove those lower most little branches, that will no produce any significant bud anyway. I usually like to remove up to "about" 1/3 of the way up the plant.(somewhat dependant on plant size)
My belief/thought is, that those furthest from the light source AND getting the least amount of growth hormones, are safe to remove. And allows better air circulation under the canopy and allows those extra hormones to be utilized where they are most needed, in the tops.

^ agree 100 percent. its not bad to prune- and can even help.

going crazy is a different story tho, big shade leaves are there for a reason and if they get all cut off...growth will be effected.

be selective if you have to, remembering that less is more in the beginning.

yes, and don't get pruning and TOPPING confused. Pruning in my opinion is lower to middle canopy trimming. I remove lower nitrogen def. lower canopy shade laves myself. This seems to not drastically change the plants temporment, as well as removing SMALLER middle level leaflets. It also does NOT seem to create more branching.

Topping is removing material from the top of the plant, where MOST of the energy and food storage is located. This in turn increases bushiness of the plant, but can also destroy a plant if donE too much. :hairpull:

Hick said:
I like to "skirt" my indoor plants. Remove those lower most little branches, that will not produce any significant bud anyway. I usually like to remove up to "about" 1/3 of the way up the plant.(somewhat dependant on plant size)
My belief/thought is, that those furthest from the light source AND getting the least amount of growth hormones, are safe to remove. And allows better air circulation under the canopy and allows those extra hormones to be utilized where they are most needed, in the tops.
Itss sooooo true, This is the only trimming that I see effective. Cutting fan leaves is like torturing your babie:eek:

Latest posts

Back