Ps3!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dro

Bud-Doc
Reaction score
Hey just wondering does anyone have the ps3 system and if so what do you think about. I personlly think that the system itself is REALLY good but the games are not a big improvement I think.
I`am thinking of switching to the xbox elite but I never played it and don`t wont to switch to a worser system, So anybody played the new xbox and there games.
Thanks,Dro:cool2:

I own a 360 and have played my friend's PS3. There really is nothing great about the PS3 other than running on wifi straight out of the box, be able to browse the web on it and having free online game play. However, the games really aren't all that special and I hate the controllers for the PS3. Now the 360 is great IMO. You can't browse the web on it (we have computers don't we :rolleyes:) but the games are amazing. I bought my XBOX for Halo alone. Call of Duty 4 is right up there too.

Whichever you do decide to pick up, you won't be disappointed. ;)

Yea I'm disapointed with sony they took four years even more to come out with this console. The web is really no point becasue like you said thats what computers are for. I also heard of a rumor from a friend that inside the PS3 there's 3 bluetooth disc's that are worth more then the system:huh:. Sounds like a rumor only tho:)
Anyway thanks for the reply DLtoker!
Dro:cool2:

i got the 80 gig and i like it the system is just a little more than the x box 360 but u get the full computer ,blue ray ,witch in its self is worth it just for the blueray cause i bought a blueray when it first came out with my big screen hdtv and the thing was like 1thousand dollars so just the bluray makes up for the price of the unit but u get a kick but video game and like i said the full computer i think its cool if u just bought 1 of the things that come inside the ps3 it would more than likley cost more than just buying the ps3 so i think its a good deal i got the 80 gig if any one wants to play online please private message me and we will set up a time to play cause i got a lot of games i got the new call of duty 4 its kick but

Any good games suggestions Tom-Tom, I got NFS PRO! Iam merking it lol:)
And Motor-Storm which came with the system but I never play it.
Also another quick question is there a MOD CHIP for ps3's?
Thanks,Dro:cool2:

u no i got the system and i play it prolly a copple times a week if ud like to play me online give me ur online name and ill add u to my buddy list on the ps3 but as for the mod thing i dont no what that is can u explain that a little better im guessin its a abrivashon for somethin what does it mean mod? and yes i suggest gettin the new medal of honor 4 ,our hevanly sword is good ,,lots of good games i pretty muck like all the first person shooters and stuff like that i also got the new mLb 07 baseball its prertty cool

You get Mod Chips installed in your console to play burned games and as far as online I had it working then one day it stoped working and I'am still trying to fix the problem.
Just wondering do you have to have the same game as the other person to play online?
Dro:cool2:

tom-tom said:
i got the 80 gig and i like it the system is just a little more than the x box 360 but u get the full computer ,blue ray ,witch in its self is worth it just for the blueray cause i bought a blueray when it first came out with my big screen hdtv and the thing was like 1thousand dollars so just the bluray makes up for the price of the unit but u get a kick but video game and like i said the full computer i think its cool if u just bought 1 of the things that come inside the ps3 it would more than likley cost more than just buying the ps3 so i think its a good deal i got the 80 gig if any one wants to play online please private message me and we will set up a time to play cause i got a lot of games i got the new call of duty 4 its kick but

SWEET! I have a ps3 and have call of duty 4, Im so hooked on it!

Call of Duty is cool... I get bored after a while because it seems like the same think over and over again. In Halo we do " No scopes + Stickies", "Swat", Laser Tag... It is just so customizable. Yay? Nay?

my buddies got the best ps3 made and only 4 games, he also doesn't have the internet or a HD tv so all in all the games are wicked but not as wicked as they could be, its got a huge hard drive and so many capabilities but with out the internet u can't use quite a few so thats one draw back. other than that i'd say its better than the new xbox for the mere design of it and other addition features.

im not a console guy myself, Just runnin a Dualcore cpu and Two 7600GT's in SLI and a SATA RAID 0 Setup. I do my gamin on here. Anyone on here play Battlefield 2142?

I'm not a console guy much either- I play PC games mostly.(cracked usually, bc I'm a cheapo) I built my own comp too- Great system all around- I get better FPS then most people I play with.

Dual Core 4800 AMD cpu
Asus pro board
Nvidia 7800 gtx x2 in SLI
4G ram
10k raptor drives (x2) in Sata 0

I wasnt aware PS3 had wifi or blueray. Cool. That's pretty sick actually- I could turn off my ISP and save some $$ with my wireless card!

I want to know about the Wii though for Nintendo- Anyone have one of these yet? Reason I'm asking is they are so short in supply right now, that's it's becoming damn hard to find one this time of year. My friend has one, but he will never let anyone play it!!! All in all I love that it's interactive and gets you off the couch and into something a little more active. I know, I know, that's contradictory to the stoner way, but maybe that's a good thing!

My girl wants to buy me one, but can't find one, basically. And I'm wondering if it's worth the jacked up, super inflated gouger prices listed around on the internet. ( 500+ bucks atm !)

The only exciting thing on PS3 i want to play is Metal Gear 4. which i'll probly DL a torrent when it comes out anyways... I need to compare the 3 systems I think really closely, because I doubt I will get a Wii until after Xmas- Might try and convince her to pick up a PS3 or 360, then just Buy a Wii after the holidays when it drops back down to a reasonable $250 for the stand alone console.

I know people have more than 1 system, what's you favorite so far?

I have a PS3 also. I like it as the game types are more my style. I bought the $499 package and am glad did. The fact that its backwards compatible (Xbox is also but you have to have internet access to don't load the patches to make them work) and where else can you get a BlueRay drive for $499?

I just finished Heavenly Sword and it had killer graphics. I bought Ratchet and Clank and again the graphics where killer which was more than expected for a kids game. That and the fact that the PS2 had such longevity makes me choose PS3 over Xbox.

But I am old so I am not the online gamer either but seems PS3 has all that too.

Lil Elvis

You guys probably think I'm stupid for asking this but what's so good about Blueray?
:eek: Thanks,Dro:cool2:

Mr.Unsleep said:
I'm not a console guy much either- I play PC games mostly.(cracked usually, bc I'm a cheapo) I built my own comp too- Great system all around- I get better FPS then most people I play with.

Dual Core 4800 AMD cpu
Asus pro board
Nvidia 7800 gtx x2 in SLI
4G ram
10k raptor drives (x2) in Sata 0

wowzer, very nice system

Dual core 4200+ amd 64 (socket 939) overclocked @ 2.4GHz
Biostar M9 6100
1gb of corsair pc3200 @ 220MHz
2x eVGA 7600GT's (256mb gddr3) (overclocked as well)
2x 80gb seagate barracudas

my systems a little older.. time for an upgrade : ) - but she still does okay, im a little limited on disk space, and i def would like at least 2gb of ram :( -- and a socket am2 platform :)

I always stuck to Sony Playstation thinking that they were better but just recently played a mates Xbox 360 and i have to say hands down it beats Sonys PS3 console and their games Xbox 360 games are wicked i was playing Saints Row, Call Of Duty 4

i have a 360 and love it waited in line for 12 hours for it and was worth every minute had it sense the day it came never had any problems... the online is great much better then the ps3 because it costs money so they fix all the bugs and problems... overall graphics are the same between the two systems tho. personally if i was you i would switch to the 360

lol yea right the ps3 witch i have 1 of has full internet its just like this computer im typing on now lol and it has blueray witch is the future in hi def because most of all the big movie companys got contracts with blueray but besides that the 360 is great 2 but i campare it more to the grafics on my psp hand held that acually has a better internet hook up than the 360 and i say all of this as someone that has bolth systems and love them bolth ,,and as for hevanly sword it is a kick but game im playing it now,,i got the key board and everything for the ps3 i sit hear on this forum and post threads all the time off my ps3 i could not even use this computer no more if it did not have all my picks and everthing on it im thinkin about just useing the ps3 for everything for now on if i can figure out how to switch everything over to the ps3 im gonna ,,and i got the 80 gig and its also backwords compatable but when i bought it from circut city they told me it wasnot that i had to download somethin off the net now i dont no if it did it by its self our not but i never downloaded nothin and all my ps2 games work on it as soon as i just put them in

Dr.Dro said:
You guys probably think I'm stupid for asking this but what's so good about Blueray?
:eek: Thanks,Dro:cool2:

I am not a fully versed in it but it has very very good graphics. Better than my HD TV channels or the DVD player. Blue-Ray videos are just starting to appear in the stores in the last few months.

I think it just more resolution or information as a Blue-Ray disc is 50GB and a DVD is 4.7GB or 8.5GB for a dula-layer DVD disc.

Lil Elvis

Latest posts

Back