Purple Kush - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ-HI-AZ-I-AM

Reaction score
Hello,
First Timer Here :) I have friends that grow and I have a little bit of Hydro knowledge. These clones were pretty small when I got them. I have these beauties under four CFL's and the roots are lookin great!!! I welcome anyone who would like to watch my grow and share your wisdom.

Heres a rundown of my set-up:

Two Gal. EBB/Flow
7.8 liter PU air pump
8in. rectangular air stone
4 gal. water pump
4 24in. CFL's
4 in. fan
Distilled Water (Ph 5.8) :watchplant:

pk1.jpg

pk2.jpg

pk3.jpg

good luck I love some good PK smoke! easy to grow..not as easy to clone so far for me anyways lol...

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried to clone yet...but I hope to with these beauties :) Going to get them in 3 Gal. buckets soon. I like DWC, my roommate has tought me a lot. I am open for any knowledge anyone might have. Thanks for taking the time with my journal.

wish you luck" no luck needed if you read everything and listen a lot os smart women and men here who are not afraid to share" have not delt with any dinks yet but most advice is spot on... my grow in two weeks old now and alive and thrivin thanks to everyone who helps...... you picked the right place to come to school.... BBB

I agree BBB, I have a few friends that turned me on to this site. all the info they have recieved is right on the money. What would we do without it ???

Im looking forward to seeing some PK too ;) Looks like you have it dialed in pretty good meng!

Heres an update on Purple Kush babies. everything looks good but Im open for feedback. Thanks :bong:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

what up yo? looking good. are the leaves yellowing any more? when i saw the name id knew id know who it was haha.

you might want to look into more lights that yellowing looks like the plants are not getting enough light

the lights should be kosher, i had a monster lady growin in a similar ;) setup

Thank you for the feedback Ozzie!! I am ordering a 1000w cool tube on the 22nd. This florescent set up was meant to be temporary but it took a little longer to get my real one going. They shouldn’t have to be in there more than a week or so longer. I have it pumping for 15 min. every 6 hours. 1/4 strength neuts. Should I water less frequently with the florescents??
I will post when I get the new set up going for sure!!!

up the nutes and the waterin frequency. i had it watering every 4 hours and had problems with the roots dryin out for some reason

Hello Everyone,
I have made some drastic changes and wanted to fill you all in. Still Purple Kush....Still going great. I purchased a 1000w grow light 6" air cooled hood. the MH bulb is in now for vegg. I have a HPS as well. Also got a 4'X4'X6.5' Grow tent. Put the little beauties in 5 Gal. buckets with air stones. (2) 6in. inline fans. One for the air cooled hood, one for air into the tent. I plan on going with an air out as well. Just need some more csh :). I decided to go with DWC cause I know more about it. I am at 50% neuts right now. They are happy so far. Check out the pics.

Tent.jpg

Light.JPG

PK.jpg

PK Close up.jpg

Does anyone know of a good reference on how far the light needs to be from the plants? Any knowledge would be apprieciated. Thanks!

As close as you can without burning them. When you start to see the lightest twist on the leaves, back off a little. Put you hand on top of the nearest point to light. If it's to hot for your hand, back that thing up...

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Ill definitely do that tomorrow. I need to get a longer chain.

AZ-HI-AZ-I-AM said:
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Ill definitely do that tomorrow. I need to get a longer chain.

Nice set-up dude.....your girls should take off now. I would recommend you get a pair of light yo-yo's. Makes the hole move the light thing a lot easier.
Best of luck with the rest of your grow :farm:

Latest posts

Back