Purple Kush - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Cunga. I do have the yoyo's but they seemed to me like the yoyo's were cheaply made and wouldn't hold. I didnt trust them with the precious new light. but on your reconmmendation I will def hook em up today.

Your grow is going to be amazing IM exited to watch. PK is amazing Its its the best strain I have grown yet by far. Although I have only grown about 7-8 strains so far.

2dog is right it takes a while to root when cloning but as long as you give them time most all of the clones will make it.

I am growing PK right now too.

AZ-HI-AZ-I-AM said:
Thanks Cunga. I do have the yoyo's but they seemed to me like the yoyo's were cheaply made and wouldn't hold. I didnt trust them with the precious new light. but on your reconmmendation I will def hook em up today.

I guess there could be some cheap yoyo's out there. I bought mine on my first grow and didn't know jack from sheit back then.....:laugh: Just make sure your hooks are good and secure and you should be fine.

P.S. don't come looking for me if your light comes crashing down though :hitchair::angrywife: :)

Hello,
I haven't given you all an update for some time, so here goes.
As you can see the PK's took off with a fury an are now in there 3rd week of flowering. I was a little close with the 1000w and got a little yellow on the tips of some fan leaves. I backed it off and they are happy now. I was worried about the stretching that can occur if the light is too far away during the flower period. Anyone have info on this???
New Equipment:
I added a hanging 16" oscillating fan and a General Hydro dual diaphragm air pump. I was tired of having four different pumps. I can highly recommend this pump if anyone is thinking of an upgrade. It runs all 4 buckets with even overkill on the air output. It was only $65 :)
Thats it for now, I would love any feedback.....constructive criticism.....or just to say what’s up.
Thanks for reading my journal :smoke1:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I agree... That looks Pro. Im gonna follow this one.

I just finished my first grow last month, and the 2nd is just now getting started. I plan to Scrog this time, and Im looking to order a 600W HPS.
I would be interested to see your temps in that tent as my box is just a bit smaller. What kind of fans are you using, and whats the CFM rating ?
View attachment 159141

Ugh !.. That was Jan of 2010 this was started....Blah !... Well how did it turn out ?

Hello,
Sorry for leaving you all hangin on the outcome. It was so long ago that I completly forgot I didnt finish the journal. Unfortunatly the flower photos are long gone. Been another grow since then....alot wiser in the ways of the Hydro...thats for sure!!! Switched to coco with a Drip Drain to Waste system but thats for another journal.

As for the Purple Kush I had a great outcome in my opinion. Cleared just over 6 ounces of buds from 4 plants. Had a bunch of fluffy "popcorn" buds (Thats what I call them) and a ton of clippings I made BHO out of. I let the ladies stay to bushy so the light couldnt penatrate all the way to the lower buds. It def cost me some weight. Knowing what I know now I wasted a bunch of money not filling my tent with the beatiful ladies. Had a bunch of wasted space. Throwing money away in power. Use all your tent. Put your pump just outside the tent 6 or 7 inches off the ground. I put mine on a little wood box. You"ll burn out your pump if u dont.

To answer your question: I have a 6" inline(285 CFM) fan hooked up to my carbon filter hooked into my hood an have an 8inch(585 CFM) inline fan, reduced to 6" pulling air out of my light and out of the room. I also had a 6"(365 CFM) Pulling air into the tent with a filter. It was more than enough to make my tent puff out for sure. IDK about u but I put my air pump in the tent when I started. This is a NO NO! it gets to hot under the light and pumps hot air in the already hot buckets. Creates extra alge. No Good!! Put your pump just outside the tent 6 or 7 inches off the ground. I put mine on a little wood box. and run your hose in a side hole of your tent. You"ll burn out your pump faster if its on the ground.

This DWC grow def beat my ratio per plant from when I did my coco DDW grow. Deep water culture in buckets def grows them big, fast. It was way more work doing the water changes in the buckets. Much beter pumping it from a rez. Drip system is for me!

WOW...off on a rant! Almost Done

If there is one thing I learned from this grow was: Use the entire line of your nutrients. House & Gaden Aqua Flakes were a good product for any recirculating system. I just didnt use anything other than a bloom booster. Really needed to use the the multi zen and top booster at least from house & Garden. maybe also a finisher like he one from like the from Advanced nutes: OverDrive. From what im told it would have really up my weight and quality. Sure enough, next time I used them all and the quality went way up ;) I know its hard to spend the money on nutes. But what u do spend will pay off ten fold in the end. Happy Cultivating!

Latest posts

Back