Q'? can i transfer out of one soil to another ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budking

hydroking
Reaction score
my 3 week old seedlings are in MG moisture control soil and i want to do foxfarm nutes, so when i transfer them into there 8" containers can i use a diffent median such as COCO or my own custom mixture. ive read to much bad crap about the MG soil to let these expensive seed go to wast.

plz help:watchplant:

Sure you can, I do it all the time. Coco has nothing in it so it might be good for you, it eats only what you feed it. It's my second favorite medium behind hydro and if you really think about it hydro and soiless aren't that far apart.

Fan of coco? I am if you need any help just ask, I'm assuming you know about it if you bring it up. I think a lot of people overlook coco and don't understand how cool it really is IMO.

EDIT: If you put them into soil with food in it already you can hold off on the nutes for a bit, see how the plants do first then start to feed. Young plants don't need much food and if you transfer into say FF Ocean Mix it already has food (bat guano, castings, etc.), you wanna let the plant eat that up a bit before you introduce nutes especially Fox Farm, stuff is great but strong.

yes, use anything but MG soil. try promix, fox farms ocean forrest, even a good quality soiless mix. be sure to mix in powdered dolomite lime to the new soil and get those babies out ASAP!

You will definitely be happy if you switch to some better soil. Pro mix is what I use and I absolutely love it. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back